6.0L engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Troublemaker
Default 6.0L engine

While I was installing my Volant air intake and TB spacer I noticed that the 08 has the 243 casting heads on it that are the same as on the LS6(ZO6 and CTSV) without the sodium filled valves, which got the wheels turning. Our engine is an all aluminum 6.0L with a 10.8 to 1 compression. (The compression is good for a turbo or supercharger). Now with having heads from a Fbody/GTO/Vette headers and valvetrain components should bolt right up(Obviously checking for clearance issues. Now I'm wondering if F.A.S.T intakes and TBs will bolt on too. They have 85,90 and 102 MM setups. With bolt ons, ignition, intake, exhaust, port and polishing and a tune I'm figuring ti could be around 400RWHP. Throw in a small cam, injectors and a turbo or supercharger and it can be 600+RWHP. Not that I'm going to, my wife would castrate me, but how awesome would it be to pull up to sports car and blow its doors off in a 600+HP Hybrid Tahoe.

Last edited by lefty; 05-09-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Let me know when you do that as I might do the same!

Old 05-14-2014, 11:28 AM
a2t
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 6.0L engine

but how awesome would it be to pull up to sports car and blow its doors off in a 600+HP Hybrid Tahoe.
This vehicle is so unbalanced, with a high COG, its already borderline dangerous to drive fast. cant imagine what it would be like with 600 whp, but hey, ive got a friend who installs hemi engines into jeep YJ's and people line up for it.

You may loose your +4 mpg over the non-hybrid, though

Old 05-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You both will need to get past the 99 mph "Fun Governor"

Old 05-14-2014, 12:32 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

haha. mines at like 96 mph. Kind of annoying, computerized safety keeping me from doing a tahoe barrel roll. wonder how fast this thing would go with no limiter. i think gas pedal is about 1/3 travel at 96 LOL

Old 05-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Administrator

I met the governor a few times during my travels

Old 05-14-2014, 05:28 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

Governor and Police Chief

Old 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

Yo what up guys,
I just put on an air intake and spacer. But my question is why can't I hear the bloody spacer? Only when I'm doing like 2000+ RPm do I hear anything. There is a subtle whistle that is such a high freq u can barely hear idling. Is this just the nature of this engine? I'm pretty sure it's the mafs working in v4 and v8 modes working through the gears. I would love to hear your thoughts . I expected to hear the spacer clearly since the airflow has to be much better then the stock intake box which must be crap. Is it because the throttle body is dirty? Please everyone's thoughts.

I think this engine is pretty dam good stock. With the air intake and spacers I can easily do 100mph pulls now and if I jam the auto stop mode I can't do 0-60mph in less then 7 seconds easily. Must be at least 300hp on a 130000 mile engine. Also running royal purple engine oil. And still getting 20mph average city and highway. If I was on highway all the time I get at least 25mph

Old 07-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Why do you need to hear the spacer? I"m curious because to make lots of noise requires energy. Energy isn't free. My next question involves the spacer itself. If a few extra dollars actually worked, why is this not a factory part? A $45,000 plus new vehicle, a few extra bucks for real performance is not much.

Dirty throttle bodies are usually from a combination of coughed back up fuel, PCV vapors, and temperature to create a chewing tobacco like stain. What I'm saying is it comes from inside not outside. And yes it's crappy.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Enthusiast

I love the noise the spacer makes I guess . I put an econoaid booster plate in front of a volant nylon composite spacer. I'm pretty sure now it's the volan spacer that is cheaply made. The airraid hex bore spacer might make more noise. I didn't realize it involved so much energy. I thought the engine gets lots of air so passing through it should make lots of noise . Cleaned the throttle body to the max yesterday helps. Next I need wheel bearing and fuel injectors cleaned and new spark plugs

I bought this vehicle for $10,000 Canadian.

Had problems in the past with leaky gasket engine to transmission . Hybrid repairs to the wiring. Missing my front deflector ( I am totally pissed off I don't have a frot deflector for this truck) rear camera is gone. Wheel bearing needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: 6.0L engine

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands