cheaper and more powerful hybrid battary packs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default cheaper and more powerful hybrid battary packs?

Below is a short paragraph from a article I stumbled on wondering if this pack could be used in the gym hybrids?

GM acknowledged plans for the second generation of the Two-Mode Hybrid system, complete with lithium-ion battery pack, in very broad terms at a technical event held last month at its Warren, Michigan,

GM is likely to fit the second generation of its Two-Mode systems with smaller, lighter, equally powerful lithium-ion battery packs. Those packs should benefit from every effort GM makes to cut the cost of Volt packs--which hold 10 times the energy of a Two-Mode pack--to make the hybrid option more affordable and give it a better payback period.

That's just one of several steps the company will have to take to continue selling half a million full-size pickup trucks in the face of rising fuel-economy standards between now and 2015.

Share This:

Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Default Re: cheaper and more powerful hybrid battary packs?

where is the link? this might just show that there will be a GM truck/SUV hybrid II. can hillbilly confirm this?

Old 04-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes - it would be great to see if this is something new or something posted a year or two ago. A year or two ago, GM was talking about Li-Ion batteries in the two-mode hybrids (actually - they have developed a 4 mode hybrid which can run on battery at speeds greater then 30MPH). Since then, they've scrapped the entire large vehicle hybrid program - with statements that they have no plans to reinstitute.

It would be interesting to see if there has been a change of heart on the subject or if you just came across an older article.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not sure now where I found it ...changed battery's in phone and lost all previous website info...

Old 04-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

What's the consensus on future depreciation They're making me a counter offer on the 08 with 112000 and they tried to force some thing called wiNow etching $388 and some exterior sealant $800 told them no way! !! And left. They called back now I'm pondering ..

Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Snake Oil and they want to show you "etchings"? Back in my Mr. Goodwrench days we had dealership rust-proofing. It caused more problems than it cured. I don't go for fabric coatings, rust proofing, sealants, or any other $5 material that they mark up 1000%

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 04-08-2014 at 11:19 AM.