do you like your onstar? escalade hybrid stalled in the middle of nowhere!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Administrator
Default Re: do you like your onstar? escalade hybrid stalled in the middle of nowhere!

Actually it is what sealed the deal. I don't know if I will buy another car unless it has onstar in it. Does your droid realize that your airbags deployed in accident? Will it tell you the telemetry of your car everymonth? Will you be able to unlock your car without a key? Just your phone? Btw, onstar is now available aftermarket from bestbuy.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:29 AM
a2t
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: do you like your onstar? escalade hybrid stalled in the middle of nowhere!

Nope my droid won't do any of those things. I think there actually is an app which scans DTC codes right from phone. But I've never needed to use it. Onstar is a nice feature but I still don't think GM should force me to use it for hands free calls. I personally can't see paying a few hundred bucks a year for those features but others may. I just would like to be able to make hands free calls using my cell phone without having to sign up for onstar.

Regarding vehicle telemetry, what does onstar provide? Can you show a screen shot?

Old 08-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

you can do that using the bluetooth feature in 2010 models.
I connet my iphone, and dial by voice using steering wheel voice activation button
This feature wasn't available in earolier models
Also a USB conector was added in 2010 inside the console.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Administrator

yup my MY 09 escalade hybrid had the bluetooth also but it was cumbersome to operate.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast

My On Star is $228 a year, but I'm disabled, so it is **** well worth it! If you keep spare keys hidden in the vehicle, the unlock service is worth it too. So losing your keys shouldn't be an option. I use too much of the services; you can reduce the fee by stripping it of unneeded services.

Hacking is already becoming a problem - supposedly On Star and GM are working on better security updates.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
knowing that it has a 26 gallon capacity, I was thinking I had room to squeeze that extra 2 gallons for more mileage until the next fuel stop. I know when to fill up. guess what? on the drive back home, before reaching kingman, AZ I used 23.9 gallons already and the DIC showing low range. I was at the foot of the mountain, at golden key=2 miles to the next fuel stop then it happened, the engine died, no fuel. no start, nothing. used onstar, thank god for that extra fuel. I was only short of 2 miles as there was my fuel stop after the mountain.

when it says low range believe it. I think the extra 2 gal is reserve for a quick start when the tank rans up dry. because when I started the hybrid, it fired up quickly like there was no fuel issue at all. any inputs/ experience?
Sorry to hear about your Hybrid running out of fuel.

I'm not too sure of the escalade hybrid fuel capacity, But I thought you would like to know that I do happen to know for sure that my 2008 GMC yukon has a 24.5 gallon fuel tank (97.2 L) according to my GMC yukon hybrid two mode owners manual. But it appears that GMC may have added a half gallon in 2011 making it an approximate 25 gallon fuel tank found in the first link below on page 22 if you scroll down fast using the bar. Fuel Tank Capacity 26.0 (25.0 Hybrid) 26.0 (25.0 Hybrid) 31.0 / 39.0 31.0 / 39.0 26.0 (25.0 Hybrid) 31.0
approx. gallons

http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/g...n-brochure.pdf

If you still have your hybrid two mode owners manual have a look inside it for you're fuel size specifications. The fuel specifications information for the Hybrids is not in the normal owners manual for a normal yukon because at the top of the page of the normal owners manual it said to look in the two mode owners manual if you have a Hybrid for other specifications for the Hybrid's.

Here is some good info to know in case of an emergency situation, This info is mainly for the first responders though.
http://www.oaire.com/resources/Yukon...lade%20ERG.pdf

Hope this helps.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Administrator

thanks.