installed the volant intake today

Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: installed the volant intake today

since mine is a 2008 I guess thats why it was so smooth and easy...sorry for your issue, I was not aware that they differed 2008 to 2008.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

No worries man... I ordered the 2008 kit for my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and it worked perfectly. The engine sounds awesome. It made much more of a difference than I was expecting in performance; it's quick now. My wife has already attracted the attention of law enforcement after I installed it... that didn't take long

Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default lol!

I have blown off a couple of ricers and others with my Yukon...two of them followed me wanting to know what was "in it". nothing special just 160 INSTANT electric hp and a few minor options

Old 05-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

Hi jet1 -- thanks for all the useful information in the thread.

What would you say is your overall feeling about your intake mod after a lot more miles with it? Also, now that it has been awhile since you first had to fit it, has Volant made some manufacturing changes to accommodate for the hybrids?

What other useful (efficient) performance mods have you done to your Yukon Hybrid? I have other entertainment vehicles for raw speed and horseplay. I'm more interested in mods that net more fuel savings or at least give performance without lowering MPG.

Thanks for your input!

-b.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 PM
FLY NAVY!

What would you say is your overall feeling about your intake mod after a lot more miles with it?
The best part is the throaty sound when you put your foot in it. As to overall effect I regularly get over 19 mpg in town and before it seemed to get 18...its only a small amount but that was my goal.

Also, now that it has been awhile since you first had to fit it, has Volant made some manufacturing changes to accommodate for the hybrids?
I have no info but I can tell you that they are a very good company. My molded pipe developed a break and they shipped a replacement to me over night for free!

What other useful (efficient) performance mods have you done to your Yukon Hybrid?
Eliminating the resonator got rid of a lot of useless junk. Did it add to the above fuel mileage...who knows, but it sounds great with the new SS dual exhaust tips!
Usefull?....cadillac CTS-V recaro seats!
ps I drive mine pretty agressively most of the time.....

I have other entertainment vehicles for raw speed and horseplay. I'm more interested in mods that net more fuel savings or at least give performance without lowering MPG.

Thanks for your input!

-b.[/quote]

Old 02-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Enthusiast

Been perusing the site for a while now. I joined a few days ago and am checking into volant cai and have contacted many vendors who say there is not a kit that fits hybrid...I have 2008 yukon hybrid and was wanting/needing some help on which number to purchase ????? Can someone PLEASE provide the correct item number to order for my suv ?? I figured by now there would be a kit designed especially for 08 model but unless im mistaken, there is not. Any thoughts on price or locations to purchase and long term mileage increase will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 02-08-2014, 03:09 PM
A little insane at times

Originally Posted by IknewbutIforgot
Been perusing the site for a while now. I joined a few days ago and am checking into volant cai and have contacted many vendors who say there is not a kit that fits hybrid...I have 2008 yukon hybrid and was wanting/needing some help on which number to purchase ????? Can someone PLEASE provide the correct item number to order for my suv ?? I figured by now there would be a kit designed especially for 08 model but unless im mistaken, there is not. Any thoughts on price or locations to purchase and long term mileage increase will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
It's incredibly frustrating, isn't it! I too have a 2008 Yukon Hybrid and had the same problem as you. After tons of research, I ended up purchasing this kit a few weeks ago:
Amazon.com: Volant 152536 PowerCore Cool Air Intake: Automotive Amazon.com: Volant 152536 PowerCore Cool Air Intake: Automotive

It fit perfectly! All I had to do was remove the stock box and bracket below the box, and slide a hose and wiring harness to the side. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions...and good luck!! You'll love it.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Administrator
Default Re: Sad day...

Originally Posted by H-Bomb9000

A quick call to Volant proved that I needed the Volant 15253 Cool Air Intake Kit (which is spec'd for the 2007-2008 models). I am ordering the correct model tonight. It's Prime so I should see it by Wednesday.

For those that may read this in the future... If you have 2009 & up Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid, a quick call to whatever CAI manufacturer you choose may be well worth your time as the Hybrids are not equivalent to their gas powered brethren (even though they have same 6.0L engine).
I think this is the correct model for the Volant...

Old 02-09-2014, 07:50 AM
A little insane at times
Default Re: Sad day...

Originally Posted by evois
I think this is the correct model for the Volant...
I purchased the 152536 which fit perfectly in my 2008 Yukon Hybrid. Not sure how the 15253 and 152536 differ...but the 152536 fit for me.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rockytfox
It's incredibly frustrating, isn't it! I too have a 2008 Yukon Hybrid and had the same problem as you. After tons of research, I ended up purchasing this kit a few weeks ago: Amazon.com: Volant 152536 PowerCore Cool Air Intake: Automotive

It fit perfectly! All I had to do was remove the stock box and bracket below the box, and slide a hose and wiring harness to the side. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions...and good luck!! You'll love it.
Thank you so much and yes, it was driving me crazy. I called several places that WANTED to sell me one but said none would fit. It was silly, I was looking at pictures on here with the kit installed and mileage increases etc... I just got this suv recently and it is tough finding parts that fit. I ordered 2 different sets of taillights for it and they didn't fit, even after questioning the vendors specifically about the hybrid, yeah they'll fit they say, sent them and no dice. I am looking for an escalade style led smoked taillight if anyone knows a link to that too. Great site by the way, lots of good info. Thanks again !!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: installed the volant intake today

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands