Purchase advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Purchase advice

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
The 18.7 mpg, what speed were you driving?
70-75MPH tops. I forgot my bill of sale and title in my friends vehicle (who stayed the night in L.A.) so I stayed right around the posted speeds.

Originally Posted by tahoe999
Yukon looks good man, congrats. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2009 Tahoe myself - 48K miles.
Thank you and post pics when you get it!!

Originally Posted by evois
I get that mileage doing 99 mph highway in between 85 mph!
so you get 18mph between 85-99MPH? Don't really understand your post.

QUESTION- Last night I looked inside the car right before I went to bed and the head unit (I think it was coming from that) was making noise. Sounded almost like a CD skipping. Any thoughts?

Old 04-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NavyAirTraffic

QUESTION- Last night I looked inside the car right before I went to bed and the head unit (I think it was coming from that) was making noise. Sounded almost like a CD skipping. Any thoughts?
It's normal especially if you have navigation in it.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

It's normal especially if you have navigation in it.
Yes I do and thank you for your reply! Makes me feel a lot better .

Have only owned the car for less than 24 hours and no problems so far. Drove it home 250+ miles with no engine codes or any other issues... appears to be a solid vehicle.

I normally don't buy US brands (unless hand made like my Z), usually a Honda or Toyota type of guy. I purchased this vehicle for its MPG/towing capability trade-off. I'm moving across the country in June (towing a large trailer and room for 2-100lb German Shepherds) and the Japanese auto makers simply don't deliver on my demands here. Sure I can buy a Sequoia (7,400lb towing) but 14mpg in the city is a killer! Honda doesn't come close... Pilot is the closest I could find with 17MPG and a tow rating of 4,500lbs.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Like a little "hoot hoot" noise? Something in the navigation disc. Who knows why? But back to fuel economy. Head winds over 15 mph will make a measurable dent in fuel economy. On a ski trip run I kept dropping vehicle speed to maintain 18/19 westbound across Nebraska. (all day) 30 gusting to 40 head wind. Once I dropped below 62 mph I gave up and bought the gas! In Colorado it was a cross-headwind. Better fuel economy and Frogger with tumble weeds.

You will also drop about 2 mpg from 69 to 75 mph in a neutral wind.

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 04-09-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Yes I do and thank you for your reply! Makes me feel a lot better .

Have only owned the car for less than 24 hours and no problems so far. Drove it home 250+ miles with no engine codes or any other issues... appears to be a solid vehicle.

I normally don't buy US brands (unless hand made like my Z), usually a Honda or Toyota type of guy. I purchased this vehicle for its MPG/towing capability trade-off. I'm moving across the country in June (towing a large trailer and room for 2-100lb German Shepherds) and the Japanese auto makers simply don't deliver on my demands here. Sure I can buy a Sequoia (7,400lb towing) but 14mpg in the city is a killer! Honda doesn't come close... Pilot is the closest I could find with 17MPG and a tow rating of 4,500lbs.
I have a honda and it gets only 14mpg city and 17-20 mpg highway only. It does have a cargo box and a plus1 tire size.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast

Question 2: when I first start the car it only operates in gas mode. I need to drive it for a while which seems like to let the battery charge, then the electric will kick in.... is that normal?

Old 04-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Question 2: when I first start the car it only operates in gas mode. I need to drive it for a while which seems like to let the battery charge, then the electric will kick in.... is that normal?
very normal.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Enthusiast

very normal.
Whew (wipe sweat off forehead)!! That one had me worried. Does it drain that quickly (45min dinner tonight drained it)?

Sound from GPS: yes, like a light "hoot hoot" sound mixed in with a very light "CD reading" sound. Glad that's normal too. You guys are AMAZZZING!!! Thank you so much!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Whew (wipe sweat off forehead)!! That one had me worried. Does it drain that quickly (45min dinner tonight drained it)?
did it not start? make sure your 12v battery is okay. you cannot leave radio ON while washing car as it can drain the battery. if you need to idle for a long time, keep it idling as it will automatically cycle between auto ON/OFF. when I do long drives, I usually keep it running for 1-2 hours while in a rest stop without a dent in gas mileage. that's how efficient the hybrid is. this is not possible in a normal gasoline automobile.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast

did it not start? make sure your 12v battery is okay. you cannot leave radio ON while washing car as it can drain the battery. if you need to idle for a long time, keep it idling as it will automatically cycle between auto ON/OFF. when I do long drives, I usually keep it running for 1-2 hours while in a rest stop without a dent in gas mileage. that's how efficient the hybrid is. this is not possible in a normal gasoline automobile.
No, it fires right up! I mean I thought I had the hybrid side charged, had dinner for 30-40mins, slowly pulled out of the parking lot (hoping to be on electric >28mph) and it was on strictly gas.

I'll make sure on short stops that I keep it running now that I know this! Again... you guys (evois) are AMAZZZING!!!

One huge gripe about this car is no proximity sensor/push start. For my Z (also a GM product): I keep the FOB in my pocket, door unlocks as I walk up to it, FOB stays in my pocket as I push the start button. This would've been a great feature to add to such an amazing automobile (so far/fingers crossed)

Quick Reply: Purchase advice

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands