Roof Racks for Yukon Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast
Question Roof Racks for Yukon Hybrid

I traded a conventional Yukon for the Hybrid and one thing I miss is the roof racks. GM Dealer says they were left off Hybrid for aerodynamic (drag) reasons. Also says they cannot install them

Anyone know of aftermarket possibilities? Both Thule & Yakima appear to be a no go, so far.

The top of the car looks like it has channels that would accept factory racks. I need the roof for cargo bag every so often.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Chevy Man
Default Re: Roof Racks for Yukon Hybrid

I suggest going through some of the previous threads on this forum. There are several discussions about this topic specifically. You should be able to see what others have discussed and done.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast

I went to a Thule dealer and had a set put on. works great. Doesn't look as good as the original equipment racks I had on my old Tahoe tnough.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Chevy Man

Hey Tahoe1231,

Any pics? Would love to see how it looks

Old 02-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I'm not a photographer but here are a couple.

Attached Thumbnails Roof Racks for Yukon Hybrid-photo.jpg   Roof Racks for Yukon Hybrid-photo1.jpg  
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Enthusiast

Not bad...was it an easy install?

Now, take off the Hybrid sticker on the side!

Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast

It was real easy for me. I had someone else do it. Cost about $650 out the door but it was a very last minute thing and I didn't shop around at all. It was done within 3 hours of me making my first call to them.

I agree with the sticker. I wish I would have had the dealer do it when I bought it but I picked it up on my way out of town and now I'm too lazy to take it somewhere to get them taken off.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Chevy Man

By the looks of it they had to drill into the roof to mount the track? Do you know if they dropped the headliner?

With regards to the decals, take it to the dealer or have it done at your next service as they can get paid via a warranty claim from GM to do it for you. Don't let them tell you no, there is a bulletin with specific instructions for them including which heat gun to use as well as which adhesive. It gives them labor ops and times so it will cost you $0.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip on the decal.

I was not there when they put the racks on but based on how fast they did it, I can't imagine they pulled the headliner out.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default I am seriously thinking about adding escalade bars

to my yukon. I think they look the best.

Last edited by jet1; 03-01-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Roof Racks for Yukon Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands