Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Could you expand on this comment you posted.ty

Old 04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Very very good discution ! I intent to make my own blog about this subject. If anyone wants to write together some good artciles, then let me know.

Right now i have to find the technical solution for the website. What is your experience with wordpress ?

Can i resolve tehnical issue with this wordpress gig on fiverr ?

For me is very important to have my own website about the GREEN CARS !

Old 04-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ghitabogdan
Very very good discution ! I intent to make my own blog about this subject. If anyone wants to write together some good artciles, then let me know.

Right now i have to find the technical solution for the website. What is your experience with wordpress ?

Can i resolve tehnical issue with this wordpress gig on fiverr ?

For me is very important to have my own website about the GREEN CARS !
We already have this website for hybrids! Why do you want another?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

This is a great place ..y try to fix what isn't broken?
I want to unlock my head unit so my wife can watch TV or movies on longer drives.and I haul a boat in the summer I'd love to be able to see it sometimes

Old 04-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimr5454
This is a great place ..y try to fix what isn't broken?
I want to unlock my head unit so my wife can watch TV or movies on longer drives.and I haul a boat in the summer I'd love to be able to see it sometimes
There are aftermarket lock pick as they call it that is used in normal escalade but haven't been tried in hybrids because it has the screen that tells whether you're in ICE or EV.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast

If you're not familiar with my issues, look back to Feb 28 post and review. Since then my fault has only shown itself occasionally and then only when I have been parked for a while and try to get in and go. I would have to restart the truck a few times and then I could hear the electrical pump come back to life and the brakes would work normally.

So the latest in my saga goes like this. On May 12 leaving work in the afternoon it happened again. But this time I couldn't get it to come back to life. No brakes! (Did I mention it was my birthday and I just wanted to go out to dinner with my wife?) I could hear the electric pump try to run but it would sound pretty pathetic. GOOD.... Now I can take it back to the dealership and have them troubleshoot it since it has a hard fail. I can't get it towed to the dealership (too busy at my work) until Wed the 14th. They call me back in the afternoon and tell me they have the problem troubleshot to the brake master cylinder leaking. I have seen a slight leak coming from the housing body of the cylinder. Small....I mean SMALL. Still they say it's causing air to get in the brake system and preventing the modulator from building up pressure. That will be $500 Mr. Jeff. Oops, no, that price is for the normal version not the hybrid version. That will be $1,100 Mr. Jeff. Ok, if that's going to fix my problem lets get it done. Thu the 15th... Mr. Jeff, that didn't fix the problem. We need to replace the modulator that will be $1,800 more. What about the master cylinder that was going to fix the problem? ...well it was leaking so that's going to have to stay to fix the leak. Whatever..... When can I expect the repairs to be done now? Well we have to ask GM for approval to even order the modulator. Ok do that. How long? Well it will be about 5 days unless you want to pay an "emergency fee" of $50 and then we can have it changed by Friday the 16th. Ok, in aviation we do that all the time it's called AOG (aircraft on ground). I get parts shipped overnight to me on a daily basis. Even engines, overnight!!! Should be no big deal to have my truck ready for me Friday.

Friday... Mr. Jeff, the part didn't show up today. We're sorry, we'll give you a call on Monday. Monday the 19th ... Mr. Jeff ... Whaa whaa whaa ... You get the picture. Now it's Friday the 22nd and STILL NO PART! WTF? Again, I get aircraft jet engines shipped to me overnight. Heck, I can order a set of shoelaces from amazon while I'm writing this post and have them delivered to me tomorrow, and get email updates 4 times while they are making their way here. ...but I digress. Mr. Jeff, we've got some good news today though, GM says the part should be to us by next Friday the 30th. Good lord, if I treated my aviation customers like this I would be out of a job. Perhaps I'm spoiled working in aviation. I work for millionaires, even billionaires, they expect their aircraft to take them to their next business meeting, tomorrow morning. No excuses... Maybe even get them to Washington, DC. to ask the government for a bailout, excuse me, can I please borrow 360 million? I promise to pay you back next week? You..., yes you.... The one reading this post. No? (Clearing throat) Alright then, moving on...

Now the good part of this is, even though I didn't buy my used Yukon from the dealership, (I bought it from a ford dealer, what was I thinking?) they comped me a loaner car while mine is in the shop. So HOPEFULLY next Friday I can plunk down my $3,000 and get a working (more importantly, stopping) hybrid. Which my work buddies have affectionately nicknamed "The Flaming Hybrid of Death".

... To be continued...

Old 05-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

But in typical dealership style they went after the "small" leak on the master cylinder rather than the equipment under floor where the pump/motor are.

And all the hybrid haters rage on and on about the batteries.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Enthusiast

Right hillbilly. I knew (highly suspected) my pump was the issue back in FEB. Even back then when I took it to the dealership I wrote out a long troubleshooting page regarding what scenarios I would see the problem under. That's my job. I troubleshoot jets. I'm good at it. Unfortunately I just don't have all the tools and data the dealership has available to them to work on the hybrid vehicle.
As long as no other major issues come up I still think it's a great vehicle.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast

JetMech, did replacing the modulator fix your brake issues? I bought a 2008 Yukon hybrid one month ago and have experienced brake failures 3 times already. We bought it to tow our boat, but are now too afraid to do so. We took it to a GM dealer and they checked the codes and said it needs a new modulator that would cost $700. If that doesn't fix it, there's a second modulator to replace that would be an additional $1800. I certainly don't want to put $2500 into repairs that "might" fix it. They don't really seem too sure. I'm thinking with so many people experiencing this same issue, there really should be a recall. What a safety hazard! Thanks for any info you can give me.

Last edited by wanttolive; 06-06-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Enthusiast

Yes wanttolive the modulator did fix the loss of brake pressure issue. Of course first the had me change the master cylinder. Is the one they want you to change basically right below the driver's seat under the car? Thats the one that I had to change. I think it was about $2000 parts and labor to change. It's what I wanted them to change in the first place. Hopefully they still have some in stock. They had to go back to the manufacturer to have them build 10 more. I had to wait 3 months from the initial failure. I agree there should be a recall. It is a total safety hazard! it would go from working ok to pedal all the way to the floor and barely slowing down. I filed a report with the goverment, but I just think there are not enough of us that have had the problem for them to take notice.

Can I ask, what exactly are the conditions that it occurs under?

Quick Reply: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands