Thinking about buying Escalade Hybrid-Any concerns??

Old 02-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Thinking about buying Escalade Hybrid-Any concerns??

Hello fellas.

I just signed up here because I am a potential Escalade hybrid buyer(I guess) lol. I've had lexus, mb, infiniti and toyota (still have two) and these have never let me down before. All of sudden, I am so into Escalade hybrid but I wasn't too sure if it is a reliable car or not. The distance between my house and my office is about 40miles, so total 90miles. Can you guys give me some honest advises and concerns please? Even a pre-owned escalade hybrid is dang expensive..

Old 02-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Default Re: Thinking about buying Escalade Hybrid-Any concerns??

pm sent.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Administrator

which year or model to pick? overall the 2009 escalade hybrid 4wd is a winner to me. it has selectable 4wd with low option as well as 2wd for better fuel mileage. the final gear ratio is 3.4 vs 3.1 of later year models. it has rain sense wipers which was discontinued in 2010. the 2009 model is the first year for the escalade hybrid but its drivetrain have been used in the 2008 tahoe/yukon hybrid where all 1st year problems were resolved in the escalade hybrid. as per my experience, I have only used mobil 1 extended performance since break-in oil and it is also mobil 1 factory filled. 4wd has better resale as well as utility in the snow belt areas. it comes fully loaded with DVD, heated and cooled front seats and heated rear seats. nav is very good with use of the on star as well as xm nav traffic. brake pads lasted up to 138k miles with 5-6mm left. differential and final drive gears are lubed by synthetic fluids. engine uses timing chain so no worries about replacement every 60k or 100k miles depending on manufacturer. hybrid components is warranted until 8 years or 100k miles. it comes with remote start and auto warming or cooling of the vehicle as well as the seats.

2010 came with flex fuel and 3.1 final drive, but loses the rain sense wipers. it comes with cellphone capability of remote start. everything carries over to the final production date of june 2013. if you get a chance, grab this vehicle as it will last years or miles of happy driving. I'm on my third set of stock bridgestone dueler H/L alenzas which lasted me the posted 60-70k miles!

Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Third set of tires? The way you keep your esky maintained you must be coming up on 150k miles? By my calculations a 4WD ( with low range ) esky hybrid should have paid for the hybrid option almost twice in fuel saved shortly. This is based on 6.2L AWD (always A drag) running gear versus 2-High or Auto selectable transfer case in hybrid.

I always wanted to drag a Prius around "silently" in 4-Low but they make the engine run in 4-Low. Just as a prank.

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 03-01-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: content
Old 03-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast

I can't speak to the Esky, as I have a yukon, but I'll tell you that so far I'm loving the yukon. I was out the other night driving on some back roads at around 50 mph and after a 75 mike trip my mpg was around 28. I definitely do more stop and go driving back and forth to work and I'm getting around 20. I still haven't taken it on a long trip yet though.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Administrator

if I would buy another SUV, it will be another escalade hybrid but if they are not making one yet, I'll just be asking to take a hit in depreciation even if I buy one 2013 new unless for some reason it becomes a hot item that the value goes up.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Administrator

I'm actually at 157k miles and will drive another 5k or so for spring break going west.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

What does administrator mean under the name on the postings? Probably a stupid question but just wondering

Old 04-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimr5454
What does administrator mean under the name on the postings? Probably a stupid question but just wondering
I manage the website? It is owned by internet brands.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

That makes sense...u like u r hybrid? I've been dragging my tail about buying the I've been looking at for a few weeks now.08 112,000 on it new motor verified from dealership 2100 miles ago
A rattle in both front doors actuators were replaced a few years ago so I'm assuming something is loose in both doors .silent when windows are rolled up so something simple I hope.new from seals on wheels .needs new tires and that's about it .. I think I'll do it this weekend .worried about resale in a few years but trying to get over that .I loovvvveee the 20 mpg . Should be able to get it right around $19..
Hoard to tell if it's a good deal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking about buying Escalade Hybrid-Any concerns??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands