Re: Smart Car '08 $17k
Got mine in Apr, drove it across the country with two people on board and luggage (was moving so I drove home instead) this past summer. Hit two potholes at highway speed and survived, drove above certain Prairie speed limits without issue and cramped? yeah right. This has more space than the front area of our Prius.
And it's very comfortable. I drove 8 hours a day on the trip and never had to move or shift around in the driver's seat. Plus I have a lotta luxury features in it - two-stage heated seats (Toyota still refuses to put variable heat in the TCH), leather seats (quite good quality, better than the one in our 02 Camry XLE we wager), panoramic roof, heated mirrors, alloys, automatic temperature control, speed-sensitive intermittent wipers, 6CD Changer and a subwoofer. TRAC/VSC/ABS w/EBD/BA standard as is Hill-Start control.
- don't like the rear red indicator. Much prefer amber
- the sunvisors are useless (why even bother making a separate NA version when you can't extend it if you flip it to the side)
- a tad narrow but most of the people I know aren't wide
- cheap looking handbrake (fixed that with a BRABUS aluminium/leather one)
- more susceptible to cross-winds than our Prius
- engine sounds quite good for a 3 cylinder
- loves to rev
- fun to drive
- great seating position
- comfortable for long trips
Mods: EV mod, VVT-i emblem, sport pedals, OEM cargo mat, JDM Prius interior footwell lighting, DICE iPod kit, OEM all-weather mats, LED licence plate lights, Phillips Vision Plus