Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

But I don't know if this forum correlates well with sales. This is a fantastic car!

Noel

Old 11-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

They're hard to get. The dealer I bought from says they're getting 9 this year, because they sold all 6 they got last year -- 3 this autumn, 3 this winter and 3 in the spring. That's scarce.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:22 AM

Sharp looking cars and I've heard nothing bad about the technology.

They are a bit overpriced for the deflationary conditions we are entering though.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,
i'm new here. I have to admit that what Phalbe is 100% true. I wanted to drive it as a trial drive to find out how it's like, but seller dealer didn't have it. Finally i found guy from a neighbour city willing to sell. I drove it and loved it. I bought a used FFH just like this one http://www.cartrucktrader.com/Ad/For...ion/Kenyon-MN/
I hope i will find here answers for any future problems.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Enthusiast

I just bought a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid on sale and they are actually pretty easy to find where I live in New Jersey. I don't see too many on the road, though. I see many more Priuses and Insights in my area. It's a shame because it's a great car. It's a lot of fun to drive and it gets terrific fuel economy.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

I agree. Bought mine 3-3-11 ... Got it w/ package 502a

Still learning how to get the best mileage out of it - I'm averaging around 31 having driven 200 miles so far...

Most dealers only had 1 - I had to drive almost 2 hours to get the one I wanted..

Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

So far so good on mine. I have almost 25K miles now and all's well so far. I average about 42mpg (year-round, ranging from 40.3 at the low and 45.6 at the high. As w/ all EV or gas/elec hybrids (I'm assuming), you lose battery efficiency in cooler/cold weather.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Canuck

Bought mine in July 2010 but had to search several dealers to get a colour other than black, gey or white. My wife says cars need to have colour (she means blue, red, or green). We settled on a dark dark green one that I say is green and she says is black.

I don't think you lose battery efficiency in cold weather. This past winter in Canada has been cold and as long as I use my seat warmer before and turn climate control off until I get to the highway (where the engine will be on anyway) the green engine temperature sensor will come on sooner and I can use the hybrid mode in cold weather.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast

Well, you're in Canada. Dark colored cars here in the Southern part of the U.S. absorb too much heat in the summer to be comfortable. My first car was a Volvo, dark blue exterior, black interior. I actually raised blisters on my hands one day in the summer in South Carolina. That's when I learned!

I lost 3-4 miles per gallon over the winter. I recently called the Ford dealer and was told that the mixture of gas is changed from summer to winter, and that, yes, winter mileage is less than summer mileage. "Your mileage may vary."

Habits may be different in different climes, too. If my windows are frozen over, as they were Thursday, here at the end of March, which should have been warmer, I turn on the front and rear heaters to melt the ice before I put the car in reverse. In Canada, you might anticipate that and have products to spray on your windows, the cost of which should be folded into your mileage.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast

Now that I have almost 6,000 miles on my car, I want to comment on how I like it.

First of all, and probably of no interest to anyone here, I decided on this one when my mother was still alive and I anticipated having to deal with a wheelchair. She died, but I didn't revise my idea of what needed. I could have used a smaller car. This one is *so* much larger than my old Olds Cutlass Ciera! I didn't even realize that when I took it for a spin. It's just too big. Fortunately, I haven't had to parallel park it yet!

Second, I think there's something wrong with the floor vents. I've been to the dealer about it twice, but they say it's working as it was designed. I had cold feet all winter. "That ain't right!"

Other than that, little things like that rear camera freezing over, and the outside mirrors freezing over, so you can't see warnings, I think overall it's a great car.

I *do* love filling the gas tank up and seeing that I have 603 miles before I need another fill-up!

Quick Reply: Amazed there aren't more FFH buyers

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands