2014 Accord Hybrid Range

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up 2014 Accord Hybrid Range

Hey,
Just wanted to share my astonishment when I first fueled (to Full about 15 gallons) my tank to full. All I can say is WOW!!! I know its an optimistic range depending on the type of driving you do.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Accord Hybrid Range-img_1855.jpg  
Old 04-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2014 Accord Hybrid Range

Just a quick update with fuel economy on my 2014 HAH.
I've seen increasing fuel economy as I approach 4000 miles on the odometer. An interesting note is now when I fuel up to full, I see the available range increase as well.
I've been averaging 45 mpg with approximately 70% hi way and 30% city. So far so good.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Accord Hybrid Range-img_2125.jpg  
Old 04-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

Your mileage is consistent with what I've been getting also. I took delivery of my new Accord in January. My last tank averaged 46mpg. I have even had a few "trips" top 61mpg! I have no disappointments here, this car is giving me what is advertised, maybe better.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hah! I knew there was a reason I wanted this car. I hate going to the gas station.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Enthusiast

I picked up my Accord today. Already have the 4 major accessories for it, remembering my white 91 EX and marveling at the improvement in 23 years Honda has made.
One can literally run this car from dawn to dusk w/o stopping. Carry a urine bottle and keep on trucking.
The only downside, it's going to take awhile to learn all there is to know about this car, but I think it is fairly user friendly in learning.
One dislike of the M5 a few years back; it was a little complex to learn. With so much info available these days, easy to navigate access is very important.

Last edited by 10InsightFred; 11-16-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

As I mentioned in my post on questionable behavior I've only seen 40mpg for the 2500 miles I've had the HAH. I'm driving 90-95% of my miles on the freeway at 72mph. As mentioned in a reply to my post driving over 60mph starts eating into the mpg. So my question for you is how fast do you drive when on the freeway?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, sorry to hear about your unusual behavior. I've had my Accord since January, and I can say that I've had no unusual behavior as you described. I drive 50/50 highway and city driving and average 48mpg almost every tank. So far on the current tank I am averaging 50+. I do not do anything out of the ordinary. I go with the flow, and stay within ten mph above the posted limits. The thing I've found that will kill your mileage quite quickly is accelerationg too enthusiastically, (but it sure is fun isn't it? ) We just took a trip to upstate NY and back, cruising mostly at 72mph and we averaged 48mpg easily.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Enthusiast

Steve, are you sure you have the "Eco-mode" engaged? I would have to assume that anyone purchasing a hybrid is after max fuel economy and would be using that option.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast

I've run with and without the eco mode on. I have not experienced any change in milage. The only thing I notice is the extra time the cruise control resume takes to get back to speed.

As I mentioned I rarely see the blue light as I have been trying to take it easy to see how high I can get the mpg. As I mentioned I do almost all my miles on the freeway with cruise control on with mainly flat roads. My highest mileage has been 41.5.

I am most envious of those getting significantly higher numbers. I sure wish I knew why.

I'll try leaving the eco mode on for a full tank of gas.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Just did a quick reread of the manual for econ mode and see it only adjusts the climate control system. I guess I can understand why this would make a difference depending on the weather conditions. I live in the SF bay area and the weather is pretty mild relative to someplace like New York.

I will definitely give this a try.

To those of you getting great mileage are you all running with the econ mode on?

Quick Reply: 2014 Accord Hybrid Range

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands