Idle/Stalling Issue. Please HELP!

Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Idle/Stalling Issue. Please HELP!

Hi All,

I just purchased an 05 Honda Civic Hybrid and a buddy and I replaced the flywheel because car would not move in gear. That went successful but we noticed when we drove the car for a few minutes and got it to full operating temperature and then turning off the car and then turning it on again it would idle then suddenly shut off, it would only do this during

A) full operating temp
B) When the car is started at full operating temp.
C) When the car is placed into a different gear at full operating temp.

I took it to Honda and they did not know what it was and was saying they had to go one step at a time to figure it out (process of elimination) since there is no check engine light turning on. they recommended to tighten all bolts inspect all the sensors etc. but no guarantee that would fix issue so I decided I didn't want to go on a wild goose chase so I pulled the car.

We think it is either a vacuum leak or idle control sensor issue.

Please HELP! if you have had this issue before.