upgrading stock stereo to touchscreen stock possible? & other new questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast
Default upgrading stock stereo to touchscreen stock possible? & other new questions.

hello all i just got a 2008 FEH with 100K on it paid 11500 out the door tax and fees 12800 is that a good deal? everything is clean. It has the upgraded sound system without lcd screen but i noticed that some feh have the mpg displayed on the stero screen it looks like the feh with navigation not sure if this is seperate from nav or just part of touch screen. in any case is it possible to just install the stock dvd/nav stereo to get the mpg avg screen? I guess the real question is there a diffrence in the navigation stereo and the touchscreen that shows the hybrid system in action or are they the same thing? I dont need the nav system i prefer my samsunt ntoe 2 for that. if so is there a guide on how to replace the stereo. looking to get the most mpg out of this ride.

Is there anything I should watch out for being a new owner IE maintenance? im sure they did not do the 100k maintenance on it so what do i need to do? on my old prius at 120k you would change the transfluid belts ans such.
by the way it did not come with owners manul/user guide is there a pdf of that around here?
the only strange thing on this car is sometimes i need to crank on the key two or three times for it to start is it the airbag not ready? do i need to step on the brake am i doing something wrong maybe bad sensor but i always get it started.

ps. coming from 2004 prius.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: upgrading stock stereo to touchscreen stock possible? & other new questions.

for starting my feh i put it forward wait a few secs then crank it. if i dont wait it takes like 3 time cranks

Old 08-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: upgrading stock stereo to touchscreen stock possible? & other new questions.

I added the nav unit to mine back in 2007. There are a couple threads talking about it, here is my post from a few years ago https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...31/#post233527.