not feeling the difference b/w D & L? try this

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default not feeling the difference b/w D & L? try this

i wasnt feeling the diff when i let go of the gas on my 08 feh, wat i did is i went to mexico,removed the rotors and got then sanded down, not sure the proper term... after that o feel it much smoother when k ease of the gas on D and i notice when its in L... and dont forget to disconnnext the battery when working on your Feh, i had to pish the piston back in on my breaks manually and had to deal with the abs light until i disconnected the 12v bat for about 5 min and restarted it.. it rides better now, by the way i spent 100 pesos like $9 dollars for both front rotors .

Old 07-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: not feeling the difference b/w D & L? try this

Originally Posted by supersailor89
i wasnt feeling the diff when i let go of the gas on my 08 feh, wat i did is i went to mexico,removed the rotors and got then sanded down, not sure the proper term... after that o feel it much smoother when k ease of the gas on D and i notice when its in L... and dont forget to disconnnext the battery when working on your Feh, i had to pish the piston back in on my breaks manually and had to deal with the abs light until i disconnected the 12v bat for about 5 min and restarted it.. it rides better now, by the way i spent 100 pesos like $9 dollars for both front rotors .
"B" and "L" don't use the brakes at all, they are different programming settings determining how much the generator kicks in, which has the effect of slowing the vehicle down due to the drag of the generator (and at the same time putting that energy back into the battery). The brakes are not engaged unless the brake pedal is pushed.

I'm not sure from your post how sanding brake rotors would change the electrical energy recovery system.