Auto stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Auto stop

How do I disable this feature, or unmeet the conditions that cause it to stop. I would like the car to continue running at traffic lights.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto stop

Make sure "econ" light is off AND put fan on low.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hweldon
Make sure "econ" light is off AND put fan on low.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, but that doesn't work. Since new,can't figure out . Dealer doesn't know, and now it almost shuts off , and then starts back up at a traffic light. As is now we lose AC at traffic light, then comes back on once moving. Dealer says probably related to IMA battery. I am tired of that thing. Replaced battery already in car, and now they want to again. Very disappointed in Honda

Old 08-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Enthusiast

I'm confused of what the issue is. Sounds like your car is running as it should.

But if you want to keep the engine running at the light, try putting it in the lowest gear each time you stop. Then when you go again, put it in S or D.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My '06 will fire back up if I put it in Park at a stop. Annoying, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it if I lost my A/C at every stop here in AZ.

Good luck,

Steve

Old 11-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

Why don't you just buy an old LTD and get 13 mpg???

Why in the HELL would you do something to a car to get LESS fuel mileage out of it?

I just bought my "new" 2003 Civic but you're not makin' any sense here dude. If your auto stop is working right all you have to do is drive with ONE foot, so that when you take your foot off the brake the car will start in a normal (and FAST) manner and you can motor on down the road!!!

Why would you want to impede the car from performing like it was designed to do? But if you're really that intent on screwing off your money just leave the ECON button off and the blower motor ON and the auto shut off won't kick in. Shell, Exon, Mobile and all the other oil bandits will love you for it!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Honda2004
Thanks, but that doesn't work. Since new,can't figure out . Dealer doesn't know, and now it almost shuts off , and then starts back up at a traffic light. As is now we lose AC at traffic light, then comes back on once moving. Dealer says probably related to IMA battery. I am tired of that thing. Replaced battery already in car, and now they want to again. Very disappointed in Honda
I can hear this guy now................."This **** car only gets 43 mpg. I think I'll figure out a way to make it get 30!!!!!"

Hey man, I heard that if you tie a small parachute to the rear bumper the car will be lucky to get 15mpg!!!!

Reading doofus crap like this makes me wonder why i get up in the morning.