What did you pay for your Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

Following the direction of a fellow electric car-club member, I focused on a 'salvage-titled' Prius. Short story is that I paid $16,900 for a 2005 with 25k miles & option pkg 6 from a private party, ran a carfax, had it checked out and no sales tax. Same car with 52k miles from a dealer was $24k plus 8.5% tax. I lost the 3yr/36k miles warranty, which I would void anyway when it gets modded to a plug-in hybrid. Great car, runs great, and great price. This is my 2nd hybrid, as I owned an Insight last year. Wife wanted something a little bigger than that. Color me happy.

Last edited by Ricco; 05-08-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Added other hybrid owned.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Hybrid Newbie

We got to take our 2007 Prius Touring home this afternoon. He comes with option package # 6 and the accessory package A with 15 miles on the meter.

I have to update the price I paid for him because the dealership is running the $2,500 incentive again from yesterday and the sales lady was good enough to offer the most recent promotion before we even asked. I got another 200 bucks off from the Toyota Extended Warranty, so my total saving is $2,700, the final cost is about $26,674 + TTL because I want the window tinted by the specialty shop and that's 200 bucks.

I had my Accord's windows tinted 9 years ago, and she is still looking wonderful as today. With summer temperature constantly over 100 F in Texas, window tint is a must to keep the car cool enough and save the AC usage.

My husband is pleased, and I am relieved. It all plays out well.

I am going to check the Austin Police Department because they have the funding and offer free VIN etching and registration. Hopefully, by doing this, the insurance can lower its price again.

As today, I officially become a hybrid owner.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

Purchased my 02 classic on eBay for $9,700 with 80,000 miles on it back in September of '06. I found the price of a new Prius way out of my price range and for that reason never even considered buying new. I have purchased and/or sold three cars on eBay and did VERY well each time. If you are looking for the environmental and fuel efficient benefits of a Toyota Prius I would highly recommend eBay.

Old 06-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

I bought my '07 Prius on 18 May. Original price was $25,422 (base model)but over the internet the price dropped to $24,000. I aded windo tinting which added $199. So $24,199 was the total price. It came with Pkg#1, Leather seating, Vehicle protection and the floor mats. I also added the Platinum extended warranty. After trade-in and all I would up financing $23,956 at 5.88% for 66 months. Not too bad and got exactly the options I wanted. Durant Toyota in Weatherford, TX. Talk to Mark Smith. He was great.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Enthusiast

Just got an '07 through Costco for $500 over invoice. Thought hard about Lo Jack but decided against it, thanks to this site. Got all bells and whistles plus extended, no deductable warranty. Beware of the extras they try to sell you when signing contract.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Engineering first

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Originally Posted by sandoval10
Just got an '07 through Costco for $500 over invoice. Thought hard about Lo Jack but decided against it, thanks to this site. Got all bells and whistles plus extended, no deductable warranty. Beware of the extras they try to sell you when signing contract.
Great deal! I've been thinking about doing the same.

I'd like to recommend reading the Prius FAQ. It is aimed at new owners to help you get up to speed quickly. Also, it is a good idea to start recording your mileage in the database. This is one of the best ways to approach mastering your car. You're in for a treat!

Bob Wilson

Old 06-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Enthusiast

So far 51 mph average while driving 18 miles to work in Southern California's "Orange Crush". Thank you Bob for the reply. Lots to get used to, but so far, no regrets.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Enthusiast

I live in TN, but while visiting my mother in Va Beach I got one from her job (a Toyota dealership). It was $18,000 for a 2005/28,000 miles, not sure if its a mid or lower package or whatever, I've only had it about 3 weeks. She snatched it up as soon as it came in for me b/c all the sales people want one or have friends that want one, and of course a used one sells in a day on the lot.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Enthusiast

So far the highest mpg I have gotten is 55.8. Not too shabby.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Enthusiast

I bought my Prius in 2007 for $24,000. Driftwood, leather, smart entry/start, Back-up camera. The original price was $25,442 but because I negotiated over the internet they shaved a grand off the price. So far, the Prius has delivered on its promise at being economical. Once it is paid off, then the savings will really become noticeable. My highest MPG has been 55 on the highway. I normally get about 45-48 in the city.

Last edited by CPO Howell; 08-03-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: more information

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your Prius?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands