Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Michigan Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Michigan Roll Call

Originally Posted by Raven
My friend has a 4wd Hybrid Escape and is considering hosting a private "Hybrid Offroad
" experience on his 70 acre property about 25 miles east of Grayling. Nothing extreme.. rolling hills .. some may require 4wd to go up...but 2wd can do most. A couple of miles of two track to roam. Maybe an overnight Camping there.. or hotels a few miles away... Any interest? (See pics posted by Raven taken on property to give you an idea).

Hmmm. Interesting. Depends. (I know, not real dedicated, but things are up in the air at the moment.)

Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 PM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by John M. Dwyer
It'd be nice to see you there anyway, Sledge.

Since my FEH is a 2-wheel-drive, perhaps we can take some of the gentler roads together.
OK. Cool

Old 04-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Get togeather

How about, EHP (Edward Hines Parkway) late July? Should be nice and warm then!

Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Technology Enthusiast
Default Re: Get togeather

Originally Posted by mppkll
How about, EHP (Edward Hines Parkway) late July? Should be nice and warm then!
Sounds like a good candidate, very large park (15 or so miles long)

Old 04-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast

Hey ya'll,

I just found this Michigan Roll Call, and I'm also from Southeast Michigan.

Have yet to get a hybrid though
I'm working on it! heh..Most likely the FEH, but it will be a couple years more than likely. Just had my 20th birthday and I bought a 2002 Ranger w/ FlexFuel capabilities.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I've been intrigued by the idea of doing the off-roading, sorry I didn't make that clearer, it's just between all my scheduling, it may be tricky to get free to do it. (Teaching schedule tends to leave me with a weird free times)

Welcome to the roll call, even without a hybrid, I'm sure we can welcome you. (Though we may make fun of you. )

Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Born and raised in Kalamazoo, live in sunny Virginia. We don't get much snow here, or rainy days, but we do have a heck of a lot more traffic here in the D.C./Northern Virginia area than Kazoo. But your mosquitos are much bigger and you do have to deal with the Upers.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Metro Detroit here. I've only had my '06 FEH for just over a week and I love it. I'm on my 2nd tank and have averaged 34.3 for the first tank and i'm at 34.1 most of the way through my 2nd tank. I'd say it has been 70/30 expressway driving. I'm putting to use many of the tips from this forum (drafting on the e-way, etc).

I can't wait to get some more miles on this thing. I'm hoping it will loosen up and do even better. I'm happy for what I have though considering I went with "regular" Continental tires instead of the "eco" Conti's. I really really needed to have outline white letter tires so I went straight to the tire store from the dealer and traded out the eco's.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Green Missionary

Welcome, dknapp. MI expatroits are as welcome here as MI patriots.

Originally Posted by turbotaguy
Metro Detroit here. I've only had my '06 FEH for just over a week and I love it. I'm on my 2nd tank and have averaged 34.3 for the first tank and i'm at 34.1 most of the way through my 2nd tank. I'd say it has been 70/30 expressway driving. I'm putting to use many of the tips from this forum (drafting on the e-way, etc).
Thanks for the input, turbotaguy. Some of us are toying with the idea of a gettogether sometime in the spring or summer. Any ideas?

Also, how are the tires working out?

Old 04-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

I live off of the Woodward corridor in the Royal Oak/Ferndale area which is always a good place to meet. There are several restaurants off Woodward just north of 13 Mile road that would be ideal (large parking lots, etc).

As for the tires, I love 'em. I just filled up yesterday and managed to get 37.6 mpg. Either the tires aren't that big of a deal for mpg, or I'm just **** good.

I have been very careful to follow the hypermiler tips so it just may be that I'm good!

Quick Reply: Michigan Roll Call

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands