06 2nd Gen Prius Won't Start

Old 01-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy 06 2nd Gen Prius Won't Start

Hi All!

I'm a new member and upon in search of help to start the Prius, i stumbled on the forum.

I was going to move the car so the wife can go shopping when i got their it was making a low tone noise, like when the alarm goes off. I tried to start it and there was no jiuce at all to start it. After reading thru the forum, i was a little hesitant to jump start the car with another car, so i took a charger and let it trickle charge for 15 minutes. I tried it after the charge but there was no response. I went back to the forum and search again, and i finally found the answer that i can go ahead and jump start it from another car.

I did, but it was no response at first, so i left the cables hooked on and waited for a few minutes. Then i tried it again and this time it started it up but the it was telling me that i need to park it on a flat surface and make sure that the PARK is set corectly. So after pressing the PARK and PBrake, i drove it around hoping to charge the batteries, hopefully it will start again for me tomorrow.

IYO, do you think i should have the Dealer take a look at it in case i screwed something out? BTW, i jumped start thru the positive line in the fuse box area.

TIA!

Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 2nd Gen Prius Won't Start

anyone has this experience?

Old 01-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've gotten that message before when I tried to start the car with the driver side door open. Are there any warning lights on the dash or MFD? When you drove around, did the gas engine actually start at any time?

Old 01-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

This is almost similar to an 07 my company bought. One recent morning it refused to start (totally dead) and it had to be towed away. The car was returned by the dealership several days later.

So far, we're thinking that this was an isolated case. If not, this may indicate a manufacturing quality issue that may affect a greater number of units. I hope you case is different.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uwaku
I've gotten that message before when I tried to start the car with the driver side door open. Are there any warning lights on the dash or MFD? When you drove around, did the gas engine actually start at any time?
When i started her up, i did have the door open but i was park. I was i had my camera but i just wanted it to start and it was a relief to see it light up. The engine did start up but i noticed that it went to EV a lot faster than the usual.

Originally Posted by msantos
This is almost similar to an 07 my company bought. One recent morning it refused to start (totally dead) and it had to be towed away. The car was returned by the dealership several days later.

So far, we're thinking that this was an isolated case. If not, this may indicate a manufacturing quality issue that may affect a greater number of units. I hope you case is different.

Cheers;

MSantos
I'm really not sure what cause it. All i can remember is that i went in to the car to get my daughter's cd and it locked up fine when i left. But somehow the battery was drained. I will see today on our drive home and observe any differences.

Thanks all for your response. I'll post an update once i get home.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Green, any updates?