Car won't start please help - No READY light.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Car won't start please help - No READY light.

My airbags are blown and i lost me keys so i had the dealer make me a new key and they also had to replace the immobolizer. My question is since the car has been in an accident and the airbags deployed is there some kind of shut off to keep the car from restarting? is there something i can reset that would allow me to start the car again? thanks.

sorry i forgot to add the year but it is a 2003 so im not sure if it has that INF button or not but i'll have to check when i get home from work thanks again for the help so far.

Last edited by dugi; 03-29-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car won't start please help - No READY light.

YES.

if air bag went off.. most cars disable fuel as a precaution. so that will have to be reset in order for your car to start.

My devious side thinks that one day some idiot out there is going to take advantage of this and hit somebody hard enough to stop vehicle and then kidnap occupants.

you might want to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Let the system reset itself. The problem is that the system goes through a check list... air bag deployed... checklist failed.

Last edited by livvie; 03-29-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livvie
YES.

if air bag went off.. most cars disable fuel as a precaution. so that will have to be reset in order for your car to start.

My devious side thinks that one day some idiot out there is going to take advantage of this and hit somebody hard enough to stop vehicle and then kidnap occupants.
thats taking it to the extreme to kidnap people but then again those people are crazy and would do anything

but about the airbags, so if there is some kind of shut off does anyone know the procedure to reset it?

Old 03-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by dugi
My airbags are blown and . . .
Where is car? Photos?

Bob Wilson

Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I knew I had seen a thread on this somewhere. This came from a different forum where someone posted the exact same question a month ago.

Hi everybody,

Great news.

I'm very proud of myself I've made it not using even screwdriwer.
Honestly it was not difficult and many thanks to all who shared their experience on this chat. I was studying for a week all posts and must say that some of them are really of great help.

Car started with no problem with both front airbags and safety belts out of order.

All instruments work great.

Thank all of you again and wish you Happy Priusing.
I'll PM you the link since I don't know if it's taboo to link from this forum to another.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:06 PM

Call up toyota and see if you can reset it. It may require you to connect through their port.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

Call up toyota and see if you can reset it. It may require you to connect through their port.

the thing with dealers is they always want your money and dont want to give you information to do it yourself which may be a very simple procedure. I read the link that brick gave me that would work but its for a 2004 model and mine is 2003 so im dont know if they are the same. But what i could tell you is that on the 2004 model he was able to get it started wtihout replacing the airbags, all he did was reset the computer by holding down the INF button while switching the lights on and off till the computer reset it self then the car was able to start. The dealer told me that the car wont start cuase all the airbags needs to be replaced first so thats why i feel they are just withholding information and just want the work.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:27 AM

Just tell them that you would like to drive the car to their dealer for airbag replacement but the car won't start.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about the accident,

It's going to be hard to trade that car in later, a buddy of mine tried to trade in his toyota car which had an accident and the dealer said whatever the value of the vehicle was worth at the time, subtract $5000CND for every air bag which went out. He just kept his car; it was fully fixed anyway and was insured. no sense in getting rid of it, it works perfectly.

anyway good luck with your car.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

That's a reason for the "right to carry law"kevin

Quick Reply: Car won't start please help - No READY light.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands