Color and tint (every last bit of efficiency )

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I ordered a black Prius down here in Miami, not the best of ideas really, but I thought it looked good.

I just thought I would point out to the efficiency freaks though that getting silver with tinted windows does actually have an impact your efficiency because it will lower the demands on the AC somewhat.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

its easier to clean your car also. the paint doesnt heat up as much in the sun so its a little more leaniant to washing in the sun

Old 04-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Contributor ($)

Yes, I suppose silver is more efficient, but I think I would choose black (if it were available for Insights). The "good looking" factor goes a long way. Plus, don't you think black just seems more "stealthy" than silver.

Old 04-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___I thought the color red actually made cars go faster

___On a more serious note, more Silverstone Metallic Insight’s have met their ultimate demise by getting rear ended then any other automobile color or type I have ever read of. Most Silver Insight drivers appear to lose their own little beauties at dusk or dawn when slowing or stopping for lights/signs/traffic conditions and those behind them either overlook them or simply are not seeing the smaller silver automobiles just ahead in time to stop.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net