Midori is Out of Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Site Founder
Default Midori is Out of Service

Grrr...

I'm moving to Houston on Friday and will be driving cross-country to get there. Though I'm still shy of 13,000 miles, I had them do the 15,000 mile service a couple days ago to make sure it's ready for the trek. Well, tonight I was out with a friend and just as I was dropping her off, warning lights galore! The red alert warning triangle, the check engine light and the "drive to your dealer immediately" icon on the multi-display. I took that literally and just dropped it off at 11 PM. They'll get to it tomorrow.

I'm sure they messed something up during that service. What else could it be? I actually have another appointment for Monday already scheduled for them to install the new GPS DVD and look at a problem I forgot to mention before, so I guess they'll take care of those now. But, I better get my car back real soon or I'm screwed!!!

As a side note, anyone know if the "new" GPS DVD came out recently? I really hope they aren't giving me last years', because I specifically waited for my free warranty-covered update until this year's came out.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: Midori is Out of Service

Sorry to hear about your car..
Hope it turns out OK

Old 08-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

I did not realize that there was a warranty covered update....tell me more. I use my GPS for my work-so updates come in very handy!

Old 08-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Site Founder

Well, to be honest I don't even remember the details. I think it was just for the 2004 Prius, or maybe just those people who mentioned that their DVD's seemed a bit inaccurate. At one point I was informed (perhaps on the boards?) that there was a free upgrade being covered. At my previous service they confirmed this but I asked them to wait for the next one. This time they just ordered it without really telling me, so hopefully it's the newest.

Since you have a 2005 you likely have a working one Mine isn't really that bad, but I won't dispute the upgrade!

Old 08-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Site Founder

We're back online. The car gave some "bad remote" error. The service guy suggested it's possible the rolling codes on the two remotes got out-of-sync, but it may also be a glitch in the system. I think it's the latter.

Also got the newest GPS DVD, 4.2. In speaking to the service guy, he informed me that the version numbers on the DVD's aren't sequential. For some reason Toyota took to relabeling certain maps and often he'd "upgrade" from, say, 3.2 to 3.0. Odd? I know.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

That brings up a question (that someone may have asked and answered):

what happens if both remotes are in the car at the same time, but say R1 is recognized 1st, then R2 (passenger with other FOB joins), and after shutdown R1 leaves 1st, then R2 locks and leaves. Does that work ok?

Old 08-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast

Jason,

My car just did the exact same thing. I was driving home from work last night and it started beeping, the red triangle, check engine, and VSC lights all came on. But my gas engine also shut off. I used the electric motor and just made it back to my office before the battery was too drained to move the car. It will be 1 year old next week and has 14,000 miles on it. I also just had the oil changed, etc., a few weeks ago.

I had it towed to the dealer and they gave me a loaner. I only had one remote in it so that shouldn't have been the problem.

Hope you made it to Texas OK.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast

My dealer just called and said it was a computer issue. There is a TSB out - MIL 3191. The car checks all kinds of readings when you turn it on and compares them to norms. Apparently, my readings needed updated and because something was set too sensitive the master warning light came on and it turned off the ICE. Why don't they check things like that when you bring it in for normal maintenance?

Regina