Prius Mods

Old 02-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Prius Mods

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Back in 1972, I drove another 1500 cc vehicle, a VW MicroBus across the high plains of Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and via Reno to San Francisco. Drafting semi-trailer trucks was not an option, it was manditory to keep at highway speeds.

As for MPG, the impact would be modest and still better than sea level performance. The Prius simulator shows high altitudes give great MPG primarily due to low air drag. Unfortunately, I don't think the simulators report "time to reach passing speed" and maximum speed up an "x% grade" or against a "y MPH head wind." But then I haven't made a through study of the Prius simulators.

Bob Wilson
ok, who's going to be the first to share their results after bolting on an electric supercharger and running it up and down some mountains? show of hands?