Squeaking Passenger Is Seat Driving Me Nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Squeaking Passenger Is Seat Driving Me Nuts!

I am sorry but I do not have any leads for you as you are the only one to ever respond to my question. Maybe someone out there will read our pleas for help and respond.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morgan
OMG! Thank you! I've been dealing with the squeak since I bought my Prius last August. The dealer says he doesn't know of anything like it...I'm thinking he's full of it. Where is the best place to send email to Toyota for action?
Not sure because I didn't deal with them for my fix. Doubt they would admit there is a problem, just like the dealerships. I wouldn't even take my Prius to a dealership for this issue anyway, just take the cover off yourself and reinstall it.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: Squeaking Passenger Is Seat Driving Me Nuts!

I stumbled on this thread when trying to understand the squeak coming from my Lexus. It looks like this is a known problem with 04-07 Lexus models; the squeaking is coming from a 'locating pin'.

I attached a Lexus Technical Service Information Bulletin that talks to this issue...

Perhaps the Prius is experiencing the same flaw?

Attached Files
Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 PM

Toyota already did this Techinical Service Info Bulletin for the Prius but is not the same noise many of us had. If you read my previous posts you will see that I found the source and fixed it.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast

I have the complete solution to this... It was the rear plastic trim piece attached to the passenger seat... it is rubbing... The simple fix is to take a piece of paper towel and wedge it in between the two pieces until you no longer hear the squeak. You can easily access the piece through the rear passenger door. Once I found it and fixed it, I no longer wanted to sell it. Cost, $0.01!

Old 06-18-2015, 05:26 PM

You're the first person to reply to this thread in 6 years, how funny.

I sold my Prius last year and while it was probably the most trouble free vehicle I've ever owned and was very comfortable during long distance drives, it was time for me to drive something else.