Auto Stop not working!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Stop not working!

FYI... the dealer / mechanic disconnects that temp sensor to prevent the engine from shutting off while performing certain maintenance steps on your car. Years ago I experienced the same thing and the mechanic had forgotten to reconnect.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Enthusiast

Here is an update: Although Matt kindly sent me his extra connector it turns out that I didn't need it. My mechanic was able to reconnect the wire together and my car is working great again!
Thanks to everyone on this list who helped me figure out what the problem was.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Think green.

Hey Sonja,

I'm glad you got the problem sorted out and your car is back to normal!

Old 08-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast

2004 Civic Hybrid

My auto stop has an issue, and I have gone thru the list and am clueless.

When fan is OFF, works perfect.

When A/C is on and in Econ mode, (not on defroster/etc) it NEVER auto stops. It used to, but it has stopped doing so.

All the conditions for the auto stop have been met. Any ideas how to trouble shoot this? Nothing in Honda repair manual that I can see.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, I'm driving a 2004 HCH. I've had it for 1 1/2 yrs without any problems until just the other day when I noticed the auto idle stop isn't working. I'm familiar with it and know when it should come on. I've also noticed that the mpg has not changed even though it should be-I normally get 45 mpg but right now it is 'stuck' at 42.7 My car is an automatic. "How do I check the brake switch? (I'm not car-mechanically minded.)" I'm not mechanically inclined either. I was wondering if the Engine Control Module could have anything to do with this?

Old 03-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iridium130m
i'd check a simple one first: the brake switch on the brake pedal. Honda has notoriously had problems with these going out and its a cheap 7 dollar part thats easy to replace yourself. I'm already on my second replacement on my civic, my odysseys had one replaced, and my mother in laws CRV had it replaced.
Hi pal, just wanted to say thanks for the tip. The daft service team at Honda told me I had to replace the battery module at a cost of £2500 after trying to diagnose it TWICE which they charged me for! They couldn't diagnose a simple switch fault which I bought for £13 on Euro Car Parts, easily installed it myself. Please guys, if you have the same problem, check the brake light switch first. Usually if the amber brake light is on.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:45 AM
Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I have a Honda Fit hybrid 2012. From what I understood, it uses the same engine etc as the honda insight. After my mechanic did some work to the engine, I have the IMA warning lights on. I have already done a diagnostic about it, everything is fine except the Auto Stop is not working.
Can you please tell me where to locate the brake switch as I not able to find it.

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-16-2019, 04:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Althea
Here is an update: Although Matt kindly sent me his extra connector it turns out that I didn't need it. My mechanic was able to reconnect the wire together and my car is working great again!
Thanks to everyone on this list who helped me figure out what the problem was.
Mine is a similar problem. Anytime I apply the brakes especially during high temperatures, my 12v battery indicator appears on the dashboard. I'll have to clear off the road and restart my car for it to clear, only to reappear again. My Autostop works at random. It doesn't occur every time I apply the brakes while driving. I've never had more than 22mpg. I notice it does not occur at all whenever the temperature is high. I live in Nigeria. However, I can read the ambient temperature from the dash. Could the ambient temperature sensor be bad or disconnected? Or is it the brake switch? Where is the brake switch located, please?