Discontinue?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Site Founder

I've heard often that the Insight has not been selling well at all, and it cannot even begin to compare to the 04 Prius. Is it doomed to discontinue within the next few years? What is Honda's replacement?

Old 02-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

i think it may be doomed after talking to my local dealership. they acted like it may not be coming back...they didnt even get sent brochures.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jason@Jan 12th 2004 @ 9:01 PM
I've heard often that the Insight has not been selling well at all, and it cannot even begin to compare to the 04 Prius. Is it doomed to discontinue within the next few years? What is Honda's replacement?
The Insight is a totally different animal ti the Prius, the Prius is a hybrid family car that is good on fuel.

The Insight was designed as a showcase for what can be done. Eveything is aimed ay one the - miles per gallon, there are few compromises on the car.

If I were designing it & I would have gone for no A/C too & composite bonnet, to save even more weight.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Contributor ($)

I know when I talk to people about the number of Prius sold compared to the number of Insights sold, they can't believe that Honda has bothered keeping it around this long. I haven't heard any confirmation that they are continuing it, but local dealers say they have had low sales of the 2004.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Old 04-28-2004, 12:23 AM

I don't think I've seen anything so strange.
Steve

Old 04-28-2004, 12:52 PM

Hi All:

___And my favorite and still reigning high mileage concept champ of all time is of course the Daihatsu UFE-II. A 2000 - 2004 Honda Insight mated w/ an 04 Prius gives you a 2005 - 2006 120 - 130 mpg interpolated EPA estimate …
Daihatsu UFE-II

In a land conspicuously devoid of space-consuming sport/utilities, tiny transporters reign supreme and the ultimate measure of compact efficiency is fuel economy. Enter Daihatsu's aluminum-and-resin-bodied follow-up to the UFE seen at the 2001 Tokyo show, the UFE-II. This latest show machine weighs in at just 1254 pounds and boasts a stunning 0.19 coefficient of aerodynamic drag, key factors in this effort to obliterate the triple-digit fuel economy barrier. Narrow, large-diameter tires slash rolling resistance, while a 660-cc direct-injection gasoline engine is meshed to two electric motors and a nickel-metal hydride battery to achieve the world's highest fuel economy, according to Daihatsu, at more than 140 mpg. Gullwing doors allow access to the inside, though it appears only small children could ride in the Lilliputian backseat.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 06-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

i dont like the rear wheel covers on any car <_<

Old 06-15-2004, 04:19 PM

Wayne,
Please dont bring up the UFE-II....it broke my heart when it istn offered in the US....Toyota needs to do a re-badge.
Cheers,
Steven

Old 06-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast

That Honda Imas looks interesting . . . the interior displays are really cool. I'm not too crazy about the steering wheel though . . .

Aren't there rumors of an second generation Insight or is this what those rumors refer to?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands