Trip Odometer Button Doesn't Work!

Old 01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Trip Odometer Button Doesn't Work!

This is the button that you press to display either trip mileage or the complete mileage. No matter how or when I push it, it won't display the original mileage. It last did about 4-5 months ago, but not since then. I wonder if disconnecting the battery long enough (3 minutes or so) might help the car to reset itself. I really DON'T want to take it to DEALER SERVICE as it's out of warranty. Any thoughts, anyone???

Old 01-26-2006, 06:57 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Trip Odometer Button Doesn't Work!

FIRST - Welcome to GreenHybrid.

Now to the meat....

Did you press the FCD button as well?

It should cycle from trip A to trip B to original mileage w/lifetime when you press the trip. I remember I did the same thing when I first got my Insight. Actually I did it about 2 months after. I have finally figured out the proper usage of the buttons now.

Last edited by rigger; 01-26-2006 at 07:02 PM. Reason: more questions
Old 01-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast

The FCD button works fine, letting me reset with each tank of gas. However, the trip/odometer button is not functioning. Any suggestions, or is there something procedurally that I'm missing?

Thanks for your post,

Richard

Old 01-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

When the FCD is on you will see arrows similar to "<===>" by the bar graph for your MPG, at this time you cannot access your trip A and B. You must press the FCD button again to turn it off so it shows your lifetime mileage and odometer readings, then you can press thetrip button to toggle trip A and B as well as resetting them.

And another possibility:
Both the instantaneous bar graph and the average fuel efficiency number can be turned off at the driver's discretion. To turn off the bar graph, press and hold the FCD button until the bar & legend disappear. To also turn off the numerical average, press and hold the FCD button again, until that disappears.

Regards,

Old 01-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you very much for your solution. Pushing the Fuel Display button did the trick!

Many thanks,

Richard