2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve

hello. let me introduce my self.

my name is Raul. I'm from San Diego, California

I purchase a Civic Hybrid and I'm not happy with it.

its been 132k miles and still get about 36-38 MPG. and i drive like Gram-pa.

Just recently. i change the Exhaust valve. it had a Hole on the #2 Cylinder Valves.

I just got my Software Updated Today. and i have not fully tested it.. I will keep you guys update any improvement on my Car.

Also my Grammer and spelling suck. please fell free to see "What??

By the way. What kind of battery can i install on my Hyrid? will the 2009 or new Civic batter pack work for my car? or is there Modfication i could do?

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve-imag0861.jpg   2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve-imag0862.jpg   2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve-imag0863.jpg   2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve-imag0865.jpg   2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve-imag0866.jpg  

Old 03-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Civic Hybrid Head JOB, Burn Exhaust Valve

Thanks for the excellent pictures and letting us know about this problem. First valve issue that I am aware of? Hope your FE improves. I am sure it will. Did you purchase from a Dealer? Looks like something dropped into the top end if that is possible? H

Old 03-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Veteran Mechanic

Indeed it does and looks like that valve was running like that for quite some time according to the erosion around the hole. I'd say there was a small crack in the valve and it eventually became that ugly hole after a few thousand miles. With over 2k moving parts, something's gotta give eventually. Sorry yours was only at 132k miles though =(

Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast

MPG dint improve... i still get 34-36 MPG..

I adjusted the Valve Factory Spec. but i still hear Valve Clicking. not loud like it used to. but still clicking..

is this normal?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

Jamchel, i also notice when i try to adjust by valve, that when i follow the Valve adjustment instruction it seems like the valve still open.

Example.

I put the camshaft to #3 mark on TOP of the cam case, i notice that Rocker ARM still move very slightly.

I know that both Exhaust/Intake Valve has to be Fully close with the Rocker arm Fully LIFTED. me following the instruction will not allow me to put the Rocker arm fully LIFTED/

What i did is. I just keep turning the Engine Until i see both Rocker ARM Lifted and not moving when i slightly move camshaft. and when i see the Valve Spring has no Compression. and then I do the Adjustment on the valve

Will this work? it seems like it does.

Please Education me

Last edited by longstand; 03-21-2011 at 09:09 AM.