AMAZING California Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default AMAZING California Warranty

I just got around to reading the warranty booklet (my '06 HCH is 3 weeks old). I had heard that the battery had special coverage in California... instead of the 8 year / 80,000 mi. warranty, it's 10 year / 150,000. It's true!

In addition, there's a huge list of other expensive items which are covered for 15 years / 150,000. WOW!

For some reason, us lucky folks in CA, as well as those in almost all of New England (NY, CT, MA, ME & VT... NH & RI must have pissed someone off, because they're not included!) get this great warranty.

15 years???? Still can't believe it! This thing includes LOTS of stuff that can fail well before 150,000 mi. Fuel Injectors, Powertrain Control Module, all emission sensors, coils, spark plugs, cat converter, egr valve, all the electrical parts of the IMA INCLUDING the motor rotor & stator. Even the fuel filter and air filter are covered up to the first replacement (which I guess means they give you one free replacement). Simply amazing. I've been in the auto business for 29 years. I've never seen anything like it.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: AMAZING California Warranty

This has come up before and you are correct, it is amazing! I think perhaps 8 states or so have the same deal as CA and the rest of the states are screwed by comparison.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Enthusiast

I live in GA right now, have the 80,000 mile warranty. Will move to CA in July- will I get the new warranty when I change my plates to Californian ones?

Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 PM

Unfortunately, I believe it's based upon where the vehicle was first sold.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Enthusiast

This is great news for me. I live in NY in the Hudson Valley. I just joined this group and will be picking up my new car tomorrow! Thanks for all the great information everyone. I'll keep you posted on my experiences.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Unfortunately, I believe it's based upon where the vehicle was first sold.
Honda headquarters told me it is where the car is first put into service (or registered).

I know this because I live in California but was considering buying my 2006 in Okalahoma to save money.
Honda assured me I would not get he Okalahoma warranty; I'd get the California one if it was first registered in California.

I didn't ask them about moving.
Call Honda.

Last edited by kenny; 04-26-2006 at 07:23 AM.