Best Bluetooth Option?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda Civic Hybrid '06 :)
Question Best Bluetooth Option?

Anyone have any idea what the best bluetooth option is on this vehicle?

I just got my 06 Hybrid today, and I am more than pleased with it. The voice controls are stellar...my only quip is that I wish it had bluetooth as an option.

But seeing as it doesn't I'm looking to see what other options I can get installed in the aftermarket. Right now as far as my investigations have taken me, you can opt for a Motorola IHF-1000 or a Parrot Bluetooth kit.

I'm looking for something that is seamlessly integrating into the rest of the vehicle design, and doesn't pudge out too much. I'm willing to drop the extra dough to have it go through the vehicle sound system.

Any ideas?

Old 01-14-2006, 08:26 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: Best Bluetooth Option?

Hi;

Well I wish I had some info. on this, but sad as it is I don't.

Of a much more up Lifting note, Welcome to GreenHybrid and Many-Many Congrats on your New HCH ll.

Try us some time on another Topic and see if we can't respond Better.

Regards;

Terry

Old 01-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Best Bluetooth Option?

I installed an motorola HF 850 in my 05 PII small mic small speaker small control unit that can go anywhere i have a v710 phone and it works flawlessly.. cost about 150 complete and i installed it myself in less than an hour. If your worried about tearing your dash apart just have a radio place put it in . Good luck. Dean

Old 01-15-2006, 12:50 AM

I'm looking for something that will be tottally seamless...or as seamless as possible. Does the HF 850 integrate well with your car audio system?

I just don't want to be screaming at anyone...the whole point of this is to comfortably use my phone in my car..otherwise i'd just stick to hte bluetooth headset I already have.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

The 850 does not work through the car sterio however i can talk in a normal voice(Windows up) and listen through the speaker provided with no problems whatsoever

Old 01-15-2006, 01:01 AM

hmm....i'm really looking for a car audio solution.

I wish honda had added a bluetooth option..it would have integrated with the navi so well!

Alas, I think i'll have to hold out until maybe a hack or modification for the navi system is available....from what i know it's the same unit as the one in the acura.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:53 AM

As a quick note..would you be able to tell me where in your vehicle you mounted the 850?