Car Bucking

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car Bucking

Originally Posted by Tritium
livvie: My car isn't shuddering, it is just bucking when I am braking or traveling low speeds. I noticed today that when I was traveling about 10-20mph the rpms would drop real fast before I hit the brakes. This would make the car buck. It kind of felt like I was slamming on the brakes. My HCH does have a CVT.thanks for the help so far.
Anthony
Yeup... try having the above procedure done. It addresses this as well. Keep in mind the bucking will not stop entirely, it will be a gentler shudder. I suspect that the start clutch is on it's way out but this will remedy the situation for a while. Also, I've seen this problem occur at high speed when you suddenly remove your foot off the gas.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tritium
My car isn't shuddering, it is just bucking when I am braking or traveling low speeds. I noticed today that when I was traveling about 10-20mph the rpms would drop real fast before I hit the brakes.
...and....
Originally Posted by livvie
Also, I've seen this problem occur at high speed when you suddenly remove your foot off the gas.
This actually sounds similar to what my stick-shift does occasionally (posted in another thread). I'll make sure to have the dealer check it out at the next regular service.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:26 AM

I think this is only a CVT issue. At least reading through the procedure indicates this.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mine is getting worse. And its an '06

Old 07-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I know it's a different car, but a thought as I'm sure the design is very similar:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/...pic.php?t=4975

Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 AM

Does the insight come in CVT?

Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, they have had an Insight CVT since mid 2001. Occasionally a thread at IC pops up about surging. Sometimes it's the EGR valve, a few times it has been the transmission, in most cases the fluid just needed flushed.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

ive noticed something similar also in my new 2006. it occurs occasionally when driving under 10mph. i think it has something to do with the switch b/w electric to full gas mode. Not as smooth as usual. Usually occurs when i accelerate from about 6mph up to 9mph(lightly touching the gas pedal). I guess i would call it "bucking". Will have the dealer check it next time.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Diesel driver

Our office 2008 Civic Hybrid was surging very annoyingly on the highway when we took it on a bit of a road trip last week. It happened twice and felt the same as a car with a worn out crown wheel in the final drive unit.

So is this problem supposed to be eradicated in the new car?

This one has about 1500 km on it - virtually new.

Unrelated question: the car has lots of trim rattles inside, is this also common?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 PM

The car shouldn't be doing that on the highway, unless you are at low speeds.

And yes, unfortunately the 8th gen civic trim sucks.

Quick Reply: Car Bucking

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands