Civic Hybrid 07, Driver side mirror replacement advice needed

Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Civic Hybrid 07, Driver side mirror replacement advice needed

After work I found my driver side mirror was hit by something while parked on the street. On the positive side, it is still attached to the car and I can control the movement of the mirror from the in-car controls. The only real damage was to the mirror itself and the left side of the black lining around the mirror. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have had the car for two years and would like to fix this problem in the cheapest way possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have attached several pictures so you can get a better idea of what I'm working with. Thank you.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Think green.
Default Re: Civic Hybrid 07, Driver side mirror replacement advice needed

With one of my previous cars, I had a piece of mirror cut to size (If I remember correctly I made a template with paper and then cut a piece of mirror with a glass cutter), and I used super-glue to stick it over the broken mirror. It was cheap, and it held on alright.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just turn it in on your ins. and get a new mirror.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Enthusiast

You can get a replacement mirror (just the mirror panel) from http://www.bernardiparts.com for about $18. Looks like you need part SKU 76253-SNC-A01. I replaced the passenger side mirror myself on my '06. Make sure you get the hybrid mirrors as they are a slightly different shape than the non-hybrid. Non-hybrid mirrors will fit but they are slightly too big and will prevent adjustments.