Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Hey everyone. I’m new to posting on the board, although I have been reading the discussions for quite some time. I know that many members have heard and posted different delivery dates for the arrival of the 06 civic hybrids ranging from October to December. I was curious to know there was some sort of general update on when they actually will start to arrive. I've read an article that says October 5th is the sales date. http://www.carlist.com/newcars/2006/ncr978.html(First sentence paragraph 6). The dealer I deposited with of course knows nothing, or rather won’t divulge anything to me. Hopefully someone on this board has a some what accurate delivery date. October 5th is very near, and I figured there would be more excitement if we were actually this close to delivery. Any confirmed dates, rumors etc. would be appreciated.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Well, you probably won't want to buy it until 2006 anyway to take advantage of the tax credit. Unless it is worth $1500 to you to have it one month early.

Originally Posted by Frankienux
Hey everyone. I’m new to posting on the board, although I have been reading the discussions for quite some time. I know that many members have heard and posted different delivery dates for the arrival of the 06 civic hybrids ranging from October to December. I was curious to know there was some sort of general update on when they actually will start to arrive. I've read an article that says October 5th is the sales date. http://www.carlist.com/newcars/2006/ncr978.html(First sentence paragraph 6). The dealer I deposited with of course knows nothing, or rather won’t divulge anything to me. Hopefully someone on this board has a some what accurate delivery date. October 5th is very near, and I figured there would be more excitement if we were actually this close to delivery. Any confirmed dates, rumors etc. would be appreciated.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Frankienux:

___As Blueskies pointed out, do not take delivery of that automobile until after Dec. 31. Let them hold it for you for that one or two months in whatever manner necessary or you will be a very ticked off individual once you find out what others received in terms of that monster tax credit by waiting an extra 4 to 6 weeks.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blueskies
Well, you probably won't want to buy it until 2006 anyway to take advantage of the tax credit. Unless it is worth $1500 to you to have it one month early.
My feeling on this was that due to the demand for the hybrids that dealers would mark up the sticker price of the hybrids close to the 2000 dollar incentive amount. That way the dealer gets an extreme profit, while the consumer actually isn't paying more than MSRP. I do find it frustrating that by waiting 3 months, during which I will be guzzling high octane gas in my V8, I would be rewarded while those who decide, or need to, get a more economical and earth friendly car are, for a lack of a better word, punished. In any event, I still feel or hope that with the current deduction available and the expected demand for January delivery Hybrids (and therefore price mark-up) that the savings difference will be much less then 1500.

Old 10-02-2005, 05:39 PM

October 5th is the official release date, which means the Honda website will have the 2006 HCH information posted, and dealers might have a better idea of when they're getting them. But they won't actually have them on October 5th -- the ones I've contacted (in southern California) said they'd be getting a couple towards the end of the month, and some have said November.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:16 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

On a few different local radio stations today they were advertising having '06 HCH's in stock. I'll believe it when I see it, I'll stop by tomorrow if I get the chance.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

My feeling on this was that due to the demand for the hybrids that dealers would mark up the sticker price of the hybrids close to the 2000 dollar incentive amount. That way the dealer gets an extreme profit, while the consumer actually isn't paying more than MSRP. I do find it frustrating that by waiting 3 months, during which I will be guzzling high octane gas in my V8, I would be rewarded while those who decide, or need to, get a more economical and earth friendly car are, for a lack of a better word, punished. In any event, I still feel or hope that with the current deduction available and the expected demand for January delivery Hybrids (and therefore price mark-up) that the savings difference will be much less then 1500.
Hi Matt; I can answer your question for you I think. I have a 2006 HCH on order as you read this posting and it has the Nav. option on it when it arrives. Order date was 09/13/05 or at least that was when the check was cut for deposit, It may have been ordered by phone a couple of days before by sales mgr. In any case the build date was "Sept. 28, 2005" and a delivery date of 1st of "Nov." maybe last week of Oct. but dealers opinion is more like the Nov. 1st or 2nd week in reality. If sooner everyone will be happy. I would tell you if you want a certain color and the nav. option I would go ahead and get the deposit made so that you have in writing a deal made with your Honda Dealer. I think certain models of the HCH are going to be hard to get once the first of the yr. rolls around, if money is a big deal then wait and take your chance with the rest of the crowd. I want a certain color combination and Nav. so I am not going to take any chance on getting what I want.

BTW: gas here in Nash. TN. is still $2.999 "87 octane" $3.199 "93 octane" and It is not going down in the near future.

HTH

Terry

Old 10-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help guys. I did put a deposit down back in the begining of Sept., but it didnt designate any color combos or options. I'm hoping it does come in sooner than later of course, but I'm beginning to get the feeling that most early estimates are just rumors to get people excited and that the end of october is much more realistic.
If anyone hears anything more, whether its just a rumor or not, please post.
Thanks,
-Matt

Old 10-02-2005, 07:28 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Thanks for all the help guys. I did put a deposit down back in the begining of Sept., but it didnt designate any color combos or options. I'm hoping it does come in sooner than later of course, but I'm beginning to get the feeling that most early estimates are just rumors to get people excited and that the end of october is much more realistic.
If anyone hears anything more, whether its just a rumor or not, please post.
Thanks,
-Matt
Matt; Here is further info. for you on the HCH order and delivery thing. I work at a dealer and the Honda dealer that I do business with is real close to the dealership that I work for. Your dealer has a listing that tells him or her exactly what is coming into their dealership, (Colors-Options) like the Nav. as an example. If your dealer is not sharing that info. with you right now then I would suggest that if possible use a different Honda dealer and get your deposit back from the other. The "Official" release date on the "HCH" is "Oct 05, 2005" and that means that all dealers will have confirmed pricing on the HCH at that point which is this coming "Wednesday". They can tell you now what is inbound to their dealership right now because it comes to them over the "Computer" from Honda. So, don't be jerked around believe me I know how it works I work with Factory Invoices every day at the dealer I work for and we know way ahead of time what is scheduled and on order to be coming in.

I hope this helps you out, It's not guess work the Honda dealer and it's Mgrs. are friends of mine.

Good-Luck;

Terry

BTW: if you need further info. let me know:

Old 10-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmm.. even here in hybrid-crazy California I would not expect any problems just paying MSRP in January.

You should definitely be able to find someone who will accept MSRP. Remember that the MSRP for the 06 is also higher than it was for the 2005, so that accounts for some of the higher anticipated demand.

There are a lot of car dealers out there, and with the internet (for example www.carsdirect.com) you can search every zip code in your state for one available for sale.

Now as for negotiating BELOW MSRP.. well we'll leave that to the pros.

My feeling on this was that due to the demand for the hybrids that dealers would mark up the sticker price of the hybrids close to the 2000 dollar incentive amount. That way the dealer gets an extreme profit, while the consumer actually isn't paying more than MSRP.

Quick Reply: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands