First Wash/Wax pics, plus ordered accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default First Wash/Wax pics, plus ordered accessories

I have to give some thanks to the fellows in the Honda Bass Package thread. I used the College Hills Honda link to order a nose mask today. Here are some first wash/wax pics. I am calling today about some window tint prices also.

With the nose mask and foglights, I'm thinking she'll be prettier!

Old 03-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: First Wash/Wax pics, plus ordered accessories

Beautiful! Mine is filthy....waiting for another snow storm here in NY.

Have you considered a clear film bra instead of the nose mask? I had one on my '04 HCH and my 2000 911 Carrera they're great and on your silver HCH II it would really be unnoticeable...I probably won't put one on my HCH II since I will probably only have it 2-3 years.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:26 AM
YA RLY.

If you put a nose mask on, a couple things you should know:

1) The paint under the mask will not age since it is covered. If you live in a sunny area, a few years with the nose mask on, when you take it off, it will look brand new while the rest of the car has faded somewhat.

2) Make sure that the car is absolutely clean before installing the mask. If you get any dirt trapped underneath, it will scratch the finish up.

Last edited by Sledge; 03-01-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sledge, I agree with you regarding the paint aging on some vehicles. I had a 91 Ford T-bird that I never cleaned with a nose bra on and you could see the difference. But that was really crappy paint too. On my 89 Ford T-Bird, the paint was excellent, and I constantly cleaned and waxed it too. I never saw any age difference in over two years of total immersion in the Florida sun. I think it mainly has to do with how well you clean and how many coats of wax are on there...

I mainly want the nose mask for driving on the highway. I absolutely hate suicidal bugs smearing up the front of my vehicle. Around town it is not so bad.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Renato, you read my mind. I have a rockblocker (3m clear bra) on my STi and love it. You can only tell it is there from a few feet, and that is only when it is dirty. I will never put a regular bra on a car just because all they do is trap dirt and scratch the paint.

I'm debating on getting on for our civic, just to save a little money. I did it on the STi because the front end is so prone to chips.

http://www.rockblocker.net/store/37701.htm

Here are pics of it on my crystal gray STi
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showpost...22&postcount=5

Old 03-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wundej
I'm debating on getting on for our civic, just to save a little money. I did it on the STi because the front end is so prone to chips.
Yes, I swear by the clear bra .....if my car was darker, such as your magnetic pearl, I would definitely have one installed.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Enthusiastically Active

Those clear bra pics look great! I've never understood the point of a traditional bra. They protect the front of the car, but if the front of the car is always concealed beneath the bra and never to be seen, then who cares what it looks like? Besides, I've never had more than a few very minor chips on my cars. Wouldn't cost much for a shop to touch them up and buff them out. With the shape of the Civic's front end, I wouldn't expect many chips.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Archslater
Those clear bra pics look great! I've never understood the point of a traditional bra. They protect the front of the car, but if the front of the car is always concealed beneath the bra and never to be seen, then who cares what it looks like? Besides, I've never had more than a few very minor chips on my cars. Wouldn't cost much for a shop to touch them up and buff them out. With the shape of the Civic's front end, I wouldn't expect many chips.
I totally agree, looks like most of the chips may be concentraded on the front bumber which is made of plastic. If you know someone who can remove that later on (usually bolted on the underside near the front wheels) in the car's life just bring it to a body shop to have it repainted.

Old 03-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast

I was looking at the PDF doc about how to install foglights, and it looks like it would take a long time...requiring some drilling, cutting, etc. Good luck installing them. I was going to order them from an accessories site, but it looks like it would be an all day do-it-yourself job...and $500 for getting it done at the dealership seems like too much money.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast

By the way, let's see some more pics when you get a chance...some different angles, and the interior as well. Your car is the same color as the one I'm getting.

Quick Reply: First Wash/Wax pics, plus ordered accessories

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands