Floor Mat Clips

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Floor Mat Clips

This may have been addressed, but I couldn't find a thread...

Anyhow, I noticed that my floor mat, on the driver's side, slides up and on top of the gas pedal. I don't think this is too safe. I checked for the hooks or clips that I would expect to see under the driver's seat, but couldn't find them (there was the spot for them, but no clips/hooks present).

I looked in my girlfriend's car (brand new HCHII), and she did have the clips to hold her floor mats in. The only differences between hers and mine was that she had the all season floor mats installed prior to delivery (and I didn't have them at all).

I took my car into the dealer to ask them if I'm supposed to have them (since I think it is a safety hazard). They found some from what I think might have been an 05 or whatever and gave them to me saying they should've been installed before I got the car.

A day later, I purchased a set of all seasons saw that they come with a set of those clips/hooks in the box, and they were the exact same ones that my girlfriend's car had.

I guess my questions are the following: For those that did not get a set of all season floor mats, did your car come delivered with these clips to hold the floor mats in? If it did, what color are they and what material? (the ones the dealer gave me after the fact were a black metal of sorts)

Thanks!

Dan

Old 03-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: Floor Mat Clips

No all-season, did get clips, black, and (I guess ?) they're metallic. I didn't realize they attached in during PDI - I thought they were molded into the carpet itself (!)

Old 03-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

When you took delivery of the car, did they leave a bunch of stuff in the trunk like the front licence plate holder? Mine where with it.

They are in black plastic.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast

I didn't get the all season mats, but I did have the clips as described.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have the carpeted mats and I do have the clips. I did how ever bought a set of cheap rubber mats that I throw over the carpet mats to help protect them. I couldn't see spending $75 for the all season mats when I paid $5.88 for mine. However the rubber mats don't hook onto the hooks and they slide all around.

Last edited by Adam_HybridCivic; 03-30-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:25 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses. I realize the triviality of the question, but it's good to see that I wasn't being unreasonable. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything in my trunk when I took delivery.

My delivery was very sloppy. The salesman was trying to do my delivery at the same time as another sale. He didn't even go over the maintenance book thing where they go through their PDI and initial the items on it. I got it in the mail a week later.

Even though I got a decent deal, I'm glad we went elsewhere to buy my girlfriend's new HCHII last week.

Thanks again,

Dan