HCH Defect or Safety feature?

Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH Defect or Safety feature?

Just got my 07 HCH. When I stop and put the car in park the driver side door unlocks automatically but the passenger side door does not. I need to hit the unlock button or reach over and manually unlock it.

I reported this to Honda and they told me its a "safety feature" to help protect against carjacking. That sounds a little sketchy to me.

Anyone else have this "problem" or is the mechanism working as intended?

Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: HCH Defect or Safety feature?

Working as intended. The auto door-unlock can be altered according to your user's manual, but I don't think "unlock all" was one of the options.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Absolutely right.

That's why many of us simply disable the feature ASAP.

MSantos

Old 07-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

Yeah, just read the owner's manual.

And, maybe, zing the dealer for not explaining this feature to you when you picked up the car the first time. Know-nothing salesfolk annoy me. I knew more about the HCH II when I bought mine than my salesman did. Wasn't hard.

--doug

Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

it's in the owners manual. i have mine set to open all doors when shifting into park

and try getting a salesman to explain the difference between 4-wheel drive and all wheel drive. then blow their mind by explaining that a 4wd with open pumkins is really just 2wd.....

Last edited by Scuddy; 07-26-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

After much trial & error attempting to follow the owner's manual extremely confusing instructions, I got the feature to work - i.e., unlocking all doors when put in Park (NOTE: this is not a feature on the HCH 2006).

I posted my step by step instructions in Message #12 at https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...hlight=kpalmal

Hope that helps!

Old 07-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

These are the kinds of "features" that I call defects. All that automatic crap drives me insane. At least you have the option to turn it off, that should be an absolute requirement for any of that stuff where the car tries to think for you. I wish I had that option on some of my HCHI "features".

Old 07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

many cars have this feature. I think its intent was to prevent accidental door unlocking when in motion. There are three different settings for the hchII

Old 07-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are some good salespersons, Dougd. I had one, and it was a she. I agree they can be hard to find at times. When I purchased my HCH they said it would be a week before I could pick it up. I asked for the manual, and they gave it to me. It was great , because this car is quite differant from anything I have driven, and it helped. I hated waiting for that week however,for the car to be ready. My doors have allways been on manual, and I think they will stay that way. H

Old 08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

i just wish they'd make a "movie hybrid"

one that you jump in and just go, it never is out of gas or charge and is always clean.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HCH Defect or Safety feature?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands