HCH recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:55 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default HCH recall

Not sure if this is the proper forum and if this has already been posted. Sorry if this is a duplicate. Move if necessary

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D8N5VEFO1.htm

Honda to recall Civic Hybrid sedans

By CARL FREIRE

TOKYO

Honda Motor Co. plans to recall 45,335 Civic Hybrid sedans worldwide to repair a voltage converter defect that could stop the car's engine, a company spokeswoman said Friday.
Japan's No. 2 automaker plans to recall 7,219 of the vehicles sold in Japan and another 38,116 sold overseas, mostly in the U.S., a Honda spokeswoman said. She spoke on condition of anonymity, citing company policy.
Honda learned about the defect -- which could cause a short circuit that would stop the engine and prevent it from restarting -- from overseas reports, the company said in documents filed Thursday with the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
Honda has received no reports of accidents, the documents said. The affected vehicles were manufactured between September 2005 and September 2006, they said.
In Japan, Honda plans to notify the owners of the affected vehicles by mail and repair the defective parts, the spokeswoman said.
The overseas recalls and repairs will be handled according to local laws, she said, without giving further details.
Honda also plans to recall 72,597 Elysion minivans due to defective sliding door locks, according to separate documents filed Thursday with the ministry.
The model is sold only in Japan, the Honda spokeswoman said.
Honda has received 27 complaints about the locks, but no reports of accidents, the documents said.
The company plans to replace the defective locks on affected vehicles, manufactured between April 2004 and November 2006, they said.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH recall

Yup, that's me.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Whew, just dodged that bullet. Mine was manufactured in August 2005, so it's not part of the recall. Dang, that stinks, though- and it doesn't say what they're going to do about it in the US.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Energy Independence

That would be MOST of us with 2006 HCH-2's.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast

Just got off phone with Honda dealer in Santa Monica. They say it's "no big deal... it's just replacing a cap on the main battery." wish I knew more about these things, I'd have asked more questions. (but I did feel reassured.)

They're going to take care of it on Tues. (2/13).

Old 02-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Enthusiast

How do we go about finding the manufacture date, other than contacting the dealer?

Old 02-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast

HCH manufacture date is on driver's door jam

Old 02-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast

I missed it by one month but it doesn;t sound to serious if they've only had a few complaints.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Just had the recall service. As stated on the invoice:

"Perform S/B 07-009, 06 Civic Hybrid DC Cover Update"

As the service tech explained (in a "really no big deal" tone of voice), the problem is that :

The plastic cover on the wiring of the main battery may become compressed to the point of disconnection by a passenger sitting in the rear seat. So that is how it was explained to me - we'll see. Sure didn't sound as serious as reported:

"voltage converter defect that could stop the car’s engine."

Should I be concerned?

Last edited by sketcher; 02-15-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spleling
Old 02-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!

hmmm - will check mine out too.

Thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: HCH recall

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands