HCH2 Nav "auto" day/night mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH2 Nav "auto" day/night mode

In my 2006 HCH, my Nav screen never switches to "night" mode, even though I have it set to "auto" and the headlights on. The daytime screen is very bright at night, but switching manually to the night setting is a pain.

Does this happen to you or is there something wrong with mine?

Thanks,
kb

Old 01-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH2 Nav "auto" day/night mode

No, mine works fine in auto mode. Maybe you have a loose connection somewhere that prevents the NAV from knowing the lights are on?

Old 01-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not sure if it works the same as in the Prius but in the prius if you have your instrument cluster dimmer set to max (there is a click in the end) the screen will not switch to night mode. I had thid problem on my loaner Prius and saw the anwser on priuschat.com

Old 01-23-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by kb101
In my 2006 HCH, my Nav screen never switches to "night" mode, even though I have it set to "auto" and the headlights on. The daytime screen is very bright at night, but switching manually to the night setting is a pain.

Does this happen to you or is there something wrong with mine?

Thanks,
kb
Your color setting for "Night" are set wrong. You can change the color settings/color of the maps for DAY, Night, and AUTO. The night Map has a black background and not yellow. Thats what you need to change the night setting to. When you do this it should work correctly for AUTO position with your headlights on. I am not near my car to tell you exact but I believe to change it go to setup, and at the top right hand corner click the advanced or more button and it is in the next menu. If you can't get It fixed I will look later and let you know.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SomervillePrius
Not sure if it works the same as in the Prius but in the prius if you have your instrument cluster dimmer set to max (there is a click in the end) the screen will not switch to night mode. I had thid problem on my loaner Prius and saw the anwser on priuschat.com
This is probably the solution. I had the same problem the first week that I had my car. I had the dimmer set to max. Like on the Prius, the HCH2 will not go to night mode on the NAVI with this setting. Drop it back one step and it will work as desired.

Terry

Old 01-23-2006, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by tdunc92
This is probably the solution. I had the same problem the first week that I had my car. I had the dimmer set to max. Like on the Prius, the HCH2 will not go to night mode on the NAVI with this setting. Drop it back one step and it will work as desired.

Terry
Mine is set to MAX dimmer setting for both night and day settings on both the NAVI system and on the instrument panel. No problem with AUTO position selecting to Night.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Enthusiast

THANK YOU! That was it. When I clicked it down one notch I now get the night setting when my headlights are on. I don't know why they would do that, given the setting for "Day/Night/Auto" in the Nav setup. Probably says something about this in the manual, of course that would require my actually opening it.

I really like this car. Funny, I now find myself cheering for the price of gas to go up...

Thanks again,
kb