HondaCare Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default HondaCare Extended Warranty

Hi all!

I am a new member and a brand new HCH owner. I have been lurking around here reading up on hybrids and yesterday decided to take the plunge. Bought myself a 2005 HCH in "Gold" (for me, some Mist according to Honda).

I have couple of questions regarding Extended Warranties. The dealer scared me saying that it is a good idea to get the Extended Warranty on the HCH since its a hybrid vehicle and a lot more electronics that have a chance to fail. So I bought it. He charged me $1600. Now I am having buyers remorse.

Looking up on the internet I have found places that offer the same warranty for $870.

Is an extended warranty required for the HCH? If yes, has anyone bought an extended warranty off the 'net? The quote I got was from Barnardi Honda from Natick, MA.

Regards,

SKC.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HondaCare Extended Warranty

I'm not sure about how long or how many miles you plan to put on your car, but I try to keep my cars for 10 years and will have more than 300K miles.

For this reason I was very interested in the extended warranty and paid around $900 for it at the dealer. It's not Hondacare B2B but extends the drivetrain including hybrid parts to 70K miles, and the battery to 150K and 10 years.

Old 05-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

We had 3 options of "Honda care" warranty. We opted for cheapest at $999. Goes up from their to $2400 (they fix you breakfast in bed on Sunday). So $1600 may not be a bad deal, and it's accepted at each and every Honda dealer across the land.

I too would be interested in thoughts on any EXW bought off the net.

Old 05-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

I went back to the dealership and told them to cancel the HondaCare warranty since I was going to get it from this dealer over the internet. I showed them the email that I got from this internet dealer.

My dealer then offered to match the price of the warranty if I would buy it from them instead. I agreed.

So now I have 7/100 HondaCare for $870. Am much happier now. I think I got a good deal. Car (including door edge guards and wheel locks) for $19750 + 7/100 Warranty for $870 + tax & license.

Thanks a bunch everyone here for your help.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler

I'm going to post something I wrote in another thread.

Check the warranty booklet that came with your car. If your car's designation is AT-PZEV, I'm pretty sure you have the same warranty as me (very likely since you said you bought your car in MA, a PZEV state). If so, you have a factory warranty that covers the IMA system for 15 years/150,000 miles (the battery itself is warrantied for 10 years/150,000 miles). This is a Honda warranty that doesn't come from the dealership or a third party. More over, it doesn't cost anything.

With that said, the AT-PZEV warranty is not a bumper to bumper warranty. It covers major emissions related parts, the most important being the IMA components.

Here's a link to the original warranty page on the Honda Owner's Link website. You can check what warranty comes with your car.

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Documen...t/apl27540.pdf

Because of this comprehensive factory warranty, I didn't see the need for any additional warranty.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler

skcHCH- Oops . . . you're in Washington. My mistake. Hopefully the link in my previous post will help anyone thinking of a 2005 HCH in the PZEV states.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast

Can anyone provide me with Internet dealers who offer the HondaCare extended warranties? I'd like to do some comparison shopping before I head to the dealer next month. If you also have the name / email of the person who you have talked with that would be great!!

Old 05-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Enthusiast

http://www.hondawarrantyinfo.com/

The person I talked to is Tom Spizuoco. Great guy. Answered all the questions I had. I would have bought it from him if my dealer had not matched the price without me asking.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: HondaCare Extended Warranty

We bought our HCH CVT with aftermarket leather interior (what cinched the deal- it's really nice) for about $120 over MSRP on Saturday. Both the salesman and the financing guy (2.9 for 48 months!) tried to talk us into the Extended Warranty (and for the same reasons- new technology, etc.), but we declined.

The financing guy finally told us if we changed our mind, we had up until the point where the original warranty ran out to get one, it didn't have to be purchased at the same time we bought the car.
So, if I have problems in the first 30K miles (or first year, the number of miles we'll be driving!), or hear about others that do, we might consider it.

I'm so bummed. I only got to drive it Sun, Mon & Tues and had to bring it back for the leather install- I've got a rental Nissan Murano now, it's hysterical- it also has a button to press for "fuel efficiency", and driving home, in stop and go traffic, in the rain on the Bay Bridge yesterday, it was reading out a lofty 11.0 mpg.

The day before I had gotten 46.5 in the Civic!

Old 05-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

wow thanks sheilae - i didnt know that you could add the extended warranty for up to 30k miles

i think i'll do that when i hit 29,000 miles or when i hear about cvt problems/battery pack problems on high mileage hchs, something i have yet to see

Quick Reply: HondaCare Extended Warranty

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands