This was copied from a previous post, (not sure who posted it), but it believe that it would apply to ATF fluid change as well. There is truth in it as well. Been there done that myself... except for the DUI.....Enjoy,
Just for you oil changing novices and old hands:
Oil Change for your new Civic Hybrid
Instructions for Women:
1) Drive to a Honda Dealer.
2) Drink a free cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave.
Money spent: $25.00
Instructions for Men:
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner, a scented-car-hangy-things, and write a check for $50.00.
2) Stop by the local Stop-And-Rob, buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, and drive home.
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 9/16 boxed-end wrench.
9) Give up and use Crescent adjustable wrench.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil and splash hot oil on you. Cuss.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off face and arms. Throw some kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up, crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter, and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him.
Decide to finish oil change tomorrow so you can go see his new garage door opener.
18) Sunday: Skip church because "I gotta finish the oil change." Drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car. Cleverly dump oil in hole in back yard instead of saving it for recyle.
19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.
20) Beer? No, drank it all yesterday.
21) Walk to Stop-And-Rob, buy beer.
22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard, along with drain plug.
27) Drink beer.
28) Shovel-out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily dirt back into hole. Steal sand from kids sandbox to cleverly cover oily
patch of ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawnmower gas.
29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
30) Drink beer.
31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid Crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.
32) Bang head on car frame in reaction to step 31.
33) Begin cussing-fit.
34) Throw stupid Crescent wrench.
35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.
37) Clean up hands and forehead, then bandage as required to stop blood flow.
40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
42) Lower car from jack stands.
43) Accidentally crush remaining case of new motor oil.
44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during steps 23 - 43.
46) Test drive car.
47) Get pulled-over and arrested for driving under the influence.
48) Car gets impounded.
49) Call loving wife, make bail.
50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.
Money spent: Parts $50.00
Impound fee $75.00
BUT you know the job was done right!