IMA problems

Old 08-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA problems

Originally Posted by Paultyrer
I wonder if anyone can tell me how to check the motor rotor sensors.
The right manual should have a description for doing that.

Off the top of my head though I'm thinking you could tell that a sensor was working with a voltmeter (plus maybe a simple RC circuit), but to determine if the relative order of the sensor pulses was right you would most likely need an oscilloscope.

Originally Posted by Paultyrer
I have a service manual for a 2007 HCH. I am working on this car concerned in the thread, and need to know if there is a way for 2005.
That is the wrong manual because the 2007 is a 2nd generation HCH and the 2005 is a 1st generation model. They may or may not have changed the way that part of the car operates.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smelton22
I've checked ima fuses but I will go through all fuses to make sure nothing is abnormal. The obd2 codes are P1600 and P1560. I cleared the codes and the ima light goes off for about 2 seconds...then back on.
I have the same problem and brought my car to our local Honda dealer and they told me the I might have a problem with the commutator fuse and need to take my transmission apart to check it.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

I have a Honda civic hybrid 2008 I live in ny York I bought it used 4yrs ago no issues now all of a sudden 2 of the battery cell went cars fine runs fine I know I can drive it with a bad ima battery my problem is here I cant get it inspected with the light on they wont even touch it is there a way to just remove the light itself the bulb etc and how if possible I'm not dropping $3200 for a ima battery when the car is only worth $5000 used

Old 05-23-2019, 06:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, you can remove the light. It will be a waste of time because they will plug into the OBDII port and see the P0A7F error and fail you.

You can get an IMA battery for much closer to $2K

IMHO, car isn't even worth $5K.

Your logic is flawed. You should compare your cost of ownership with the cost of ownership of the replacement. $2K for a new battery is barely 6 months of payments on another car. It's a no brainer. If a $2K battery gets you another 3+ years of operation, then that's $55.56/month. Good luck getting a car for that.

Even if you pay cash for a used vehicle, it's not a sure thing.... a new-to-you vehicle is a complete unknown to you and may be a maintenance nightmare, you have four years of presumably reliable history with this car.