Instant gas mileage guage GONE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Instant gas mileage guage GONE?

I just got back from my 10,000 mile checkup (ok, I was late at 16,700 miles) and I just noticed that the instant gas mileage guage display is gone!

Let me explain. Normally, I see the average MPG numbers, and an instant bar underneath it that goes up and down as I drive. Now, I no longer see the instant bar, just the average numbers.

Any ideas why? The Honda dealership that serviced my car said they would reset the computer to get rid of the service light. Did they do something wrong? Or is there a way for me to get the guage back myself?

Old 01-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Instant gas mileage guage GONE?

Take it back!
They've disconnected something or blew a fuse, I'd guess.
Resetting the maintenance minder is simple on the HCH-2. I imagine it's similarly easy for your HCH-1.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

FWIW,

In the owners manual it tells how to have the display be visible or not. At least thats how it is on my HAH.

It happened to me also, I changed my oil, reset the reminder lite and went on my merry way till the wifey told me the display is gone.

I went back out there, manual in hand and turned it back on.

It was not difficult.

Good luck

Tony

Old 01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast

TonyK, you are correct. I checked the manual, and sure enough, on page 61 it explains how to enable/disable the instant fuel guage.

For those interested, you have to put the car in park, then turn the key to II (not start the car, but just before that), then go to odometer and press and hold the reset button for 10 to 15 seconds. Works like a charm!

Old 01-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

So what actually is displayed in place of the Instanteous readout? Is it the Coolant temp, is it a digital bar interpretation of the average mpg on Trip A, on Trip B, or ... ?