my new hch is here! (and floor mat question)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default my new hch is here! (and floor mat question)

just got my baby. alabaster silver and i'm liking her a lot.

just a thought though. thinking of getting all weather floor mats. first of all:

has anyone gotten them to use on top of the existing floor mat?

also, do dealers rip you off when you're getting parts installed from them? i figure buy it off some internet site and install it myself. thoughts?

Old 03-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: my new hch is here! (and floor mat question)

all seasons', in my opinion, are a must have. definitely install yourself, my dealer told me they were gonna charge me to "install" my all season floor mats, or, they could hand them to me and i could do it myself for free, the choice is obvious.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:32 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EJHsiao
just got my baby. alabaster silver and i'm liking her a lot.

just a thought though. thinking of getting all weather floor mats. first of all:

has anyone gotten them to use on top of the existing floor mat?

also, do dealers rip you off when you're getting parts installed from them? i figure buy it off some internet site and install it myself. thoughts?
You remove the original mats and instal the new mats. Do not instal the all weather mats on top of the original ones. The danger is that they will slip forward and apply the accelerator.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

mine are installed on top of my original mats. there are small holes in the mats and corresponding hooks on the floor of the car that can accomodate both the original mats and the all seasons, in my case anyway...

Old 03-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast

oh whoops, i guess i wasn't clear. mine's a new 2006 hch

in any case this is helpful info. anyone have experience talking a dealer down from msrp on these all season mats?

Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

H&A Accessories has Honda all-season floor mats for $82.80 + shipping:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/civint06.html

Old 03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

how about this site?

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/

found the mats here:

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/produ...nterior-access

i'm also getting lots of search results for sites that claim the standard carpet mats are for the standard civic only and are not for use on the hybrid. any thoughts on this? i'm kinda envious of the neat lettering of civic on the mats and wanted to see if i could install those in my hybrid too.

also, any of you do-it-yourself-ers done a cargo net installation. i'm thinking i may want to in the future, but have again encountered the label that the cargo net kits are for standard civics.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

The regular carpeted mats are part of your vehicle at delivery. The carpeted ones should be on your list of standard items on your car. I had the dealer throw in the winter mats as I always used to get carpeted mats with my cars when I would buy a new car from my dealer. But this car comes with the regular carpeted mats so he put all season ones in at no charge. he also gave me free locking wheel lugs and pinstriping. I figured that is the least they could do since they wouldn't come down from msrp.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

First, I have all-weather in both my HCH and Pilot, and I simply would not do without them. They're not exactly atractive, but worth evey penny in protection and ease of cleaning.

I bought my mats with my HCH I - dealer charged me around $115 I think for front and back. I ordered them too with the Pilot, and yes unknowingly paid them to install them. I was a bit ticked off by that, but didn't find out until after the deal was done.

Buy them after-market and "install" yourself. I doubt they'd negotiate much - the parts department is seperate from sales, so they don't deal a whole lot. What you may be able to get away with is print out the price from one of the on-line vendors and see if they'll match the price.

Last edited by Tim; 03-16-2006 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

I always get all weather mats, old mats sit in the garage (use them when you are trying to impress someone- I am married so the all weather mats never leave )