Navigation in the rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Navigation in the rearview mirror

So my dealer calls me today and tells me their having problems locating a magnitic pearl with navi. He then tells me that they just found someone who is installing Navigation units into the Rearview mirrors and wanted to know if I would be interested in something like that. I of course tell him no, that I would not even be slightly interested. I find it humours though that they would even try to pass that off to me... They better not try to weasel out of this deal, I'm going to the Attorney General if they do...

Old 02-18-2006, 05:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: Navigation in the rearview mirror

Originally Posted by Utah
So my dealer calls me today and tells me their having problems locating a magnitic pearl with navi. He then tells me that they just found someone who is installing Navigation units into the Rearview mirrors and wanted to know if I would be interested in something like that. I of course tell him no, that I would not even be slightly interested. I find it humours though that they would even try to pass that off to me... They better not try to weasel out of this deal, I'm going to the Attorney General if they do...
Hey John;
I went throught something with along time dealer that I had done business with for Years. The deal just went to Crap when I finally before the HCH II showed up decided that I better just ask. Say how much is this car and what about the New 2005 Special Edition Civic 4-Door Sedan I just purchased while waiting for Honda to finally release the HCH II?
The answer was simple, Full Msrp for Vehicle and Full Price on Labor to Install all the Dealer Installed Options. Trade in on my 6,700 Mile New 2005 Civic I just purchased from them was just like anyone off the Street that had never purchased the 1st thing from dealer.
Answer from me at that point was. You are released from this and can sell the HCH II. End of Story.

I then went and made some calls and purchased the HCH II from another dealer and have not looked back on my {Next-Door-Neighbor} Honda dealer. Next door to the dealer I work for.

So, If you would like another persons opinion that has been Jerked Around from a Honda dealer.

Make some calls and Purchase your HCH II from where ever you can Locate it. Or worse yet re-Order it from an Honest Dealer like I did. The wait was worth it for me. I saved like $4,300.00 Dollars and drove, and I should say still driving their Loaner car until mine gets here. Should be here this Month.

This all started with me, September of 2005, so I do Understand about the Wait.

HTH;

Terry

BTW, Almost there Finally:

Old 02-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation in the rearview mirror

Yeah but I shoped around quite a bit and as long as they don't try to weasel out of this deal, it will have been the best offer I came up with. From the get go they told me it could take anywhere from a week to a month before they got my car in. Its been 1 week as of yesterday, so I'm still being patient. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come from these guys...

Old 02-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Default Re: Navigation in the rearview mirror

Don't get Tiger started on how long he has been wating for his HCH II

Old 02-18-2006, 06:10 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Navigation in the rearview mirror

Originally Posted by Utah
Yeah but I shoped around quite a bit and as long as they don't try to weasel out of this deal, it will have been the best offer I came up with. From the get go they told me it could take anywhere from a week to a month before they got my car in. Its been 1 week as of yesterday, so I'm still being patient. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come from these guys...
John;

Sounds like you are okay then. Just hang loose and I think it will be worth the wait.

Terry