Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Originally Posted by Peterg
Not a problem. Grand Blanc Honda, in Grand Blanc, Michigan (near Flint, aka, "Buick City")
You can contact Eric at ehay@alserra.com (prefers rather than phone calls). They went way out of their way to figure out what is going on with this problem. The techs actually THANKED me. They get it!

Coffee was so-so, but they had fresh popcorn!

--Peterg
Thanks.

BTW, popcorn at my dealer was 75 cents from the vending machine, for those of us who brought microwaves.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Yes, thanks GQ. Very good summary, and organized. I noticed your links in other places, trying to get everyone to come here to get the latest. Great job.

I'll be checking into this one of these days. I am not noticing any unusual tire-wear (and have 27K miles on the original Dunlops), so my case may be more difficult. We'll see.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:19 AM

Steve: I barley had any uneven tire wear. Just complain about loud road noise and a roaring noise from the rear.

By the way, I found the link for the Canadian TSB and added it to the original post. Here it is again: http://showcase.netins.net/web/repti...III-10-07).pdf

Old 03-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast

M&M honda in Kalamazoo MI is taking a look at mine right now, schedule to get in at 1, went in... everybody was standing around, no noises ANYTHING, not a single job being done... They told me they'd call me by 2:30 to tell me if they're going to cover the fix. I called at 3 and they said they'd know in about 15 minutes... 3:32 now and I still don't know if they're even gonna cover it... if they decide to there's now no way my cars going to get done today since they close at 6.

EVERYBODY stay far away from M&M in Kalamazoo, MI for service

Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast

Probably the first one they've seen, and they don't have their responses thought out yet.
They have to do their research.
Let us know what they say to you.

--Peterg

Old 03-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast

When I went in I had talked to a different guy from what I talked to on the phone and he looked at the TSB and said he's seen quite a few of them... The guy I talked to on the phone to schedule to get the car in was a total ******** and said they'd have to examine the car and get back to me. 3:51 still no call so I'm calling THEM but since they close at 6 and this is supposed to be a 4 hour job I think I'm just going to go pickup my car and go to a different dealership thats about 45 minutes away from home but I've dealt with in the past and they actually care about making their customers happy.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:09 PM

It's not necesarily a four-hour job. I saw them starting to replace the control arms at around 3 or so. It probably too them 1 or 1.5 hours to do total. I think it took them a while to get started on my car, and then another while to "drive and advise".

Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

Six bolts, 3 on a side. It takes more time to set the car on the lift, get it down, move to the alignment rack (assuming they have one) and do the alignment, than replacing the arms themselves. And since there is no rust on the bolts, they come right out. Who are they kidding? Customer Abuse is part of Bad Dealer Syndrome. We have just come to accept it.

So what happened today, farkedup?

BTW, just read a success story on
"www.Honda-tech.com:Honda Civic rear end alignment problems"
where at a Toronto Dealership they just got the guy and did the Update Warranty Service, no problem. Different culture there?

--Peterg

Old 03-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Enthusiast

I didn't know American miles were longer than Canadian miles. They'll partially cover up to 40,000 on the Canadian TSB, but only up to 25,000 on the U.S. bulletin. Load of crap since it seems that Honda knew about it for at least half a year now.

I'm keeping my receipt for my new tires handy as I am at around 35,000, and already replacing mine due to the issue. Maybe they'll reimburse later when the actual TSB comes out.

BTW, Hardin Honda in Anaheim didn't Hassle me at all about it, they just had to order parts, which took a couple of days to come (I brought in a printout of the bulletin). And it only took a couple of hours (2.5) for the install and alignment.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

Not sure what you mean by "when the actual TSB comes out."
You can find links to it in the first message of this thread. In color.

They would only use the tire manufacturer's warranty anyway.
And of course that calls for pro-ration.

Great to hear about Hardin Honda. We should hand out awards: The Golden Customer Service Award (A gold figurine of a man and/or woman with their keys extended)

--Peterg

Quick Reply: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands