newbie here, any performance mods...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default newbie here, any performance mods...

had my 04 for about a year and half. any links or suggestions so this car can get out of fits way?

did a search to no avail.

thanks in advance

Old 05-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: newbie here, any performance mods...

It's a hybrid. It does not get out of its own way. Of course, unless you forsake fuel efficiency.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:47 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Talking Re: newbie here, any performance mods...

Bellyboy,

Welcome to GH ! My guess is your car is still under warranty. Be careful about any changes you make. Buy a used Camaro with a 4 barrel carb for a Sunday pleasure cruise, and save the planet most of the time with your HCH .

Regards,

Old 05-27-2006, 06:23 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: newbie here, any performance mods...

Originally Posted by bellyboy
had my 04 for about a year and half. any links or suggestions so this car can get out of fits way?

did a search to no avail.

thanks in advance
bellyboy,

That is kinda a "Funny-Question" if you think about where you are asking the question. This is a Hybrid Forum which for the most part is about (Saving-Gas) and you are looking for Performance Mods. Probably not a good match on this Forum.

Just a suggestion, type in on your Browser civic performance and see what options you come up with. I really feel like that as far as the Hybrid performance goes you will not find many options but as far as the civic it would take a life time to read all of them.

Good-Luck

If you have not driven the 2006 HCH II I suggest you go drive one. Mine is fast enough if you want to throw FE (Fuel Economy) out the window and just drive it like any other car. I don't think I would pick the word Fast in association with the HCH II but it does okey.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-27-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

i like the logic- "if it has some power at say 2500 rpm's, no need to have to increase my gas pedal pressure, therefore saving on f.e."

there are ways to increase performance. whether a c.a.i is installed or computer reprogrammed, etc.

it can be dangerous on the highway when the car is limited.

Old 05-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Proud owner HCHII

I think I read a post somewhere where a Ferrari V12 engine can be slipped sideways into the space where the ICE and IMA were fitted if removed. There would be some handling problems but it should go well .....if you live at the top of a steep hill!

Reminds me of the old story of the two friends climbing in the Alps above a deep crevice the uppermost looses his footing and his companion calls out "are you alright"? as his friend, falling at speed past him, manages to call out "yes fine......... so far"!

Last edited by Tulip; 05-27-2006 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

The closest thing to a performance mod discussed here has been exhaust and air filter mods. There are very long threads on both of these so if you search for air filter/exhaust you'll run across them. I think you'll find they were able to get additional power but took an FE hit. I've tried lightweight wheels - not for performance, but for FE. However they didn't increase either.

You may be interested in the Camary hybrid discussions. The Camary seems to address a lot of the power issues folks have without sacrificing too much FE. One HCH II owner traded his in for the Camary recently and has a nice comparison writeup.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:44 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default The electric motor is the way to go.

I wish I knew more about electric motors.Trying to "hop up" that motor is the way to go.The little gas motor probably doesn't have a lot of potential, but N2O would be the way to go if you wanted more power cheaply.I'm not sure how it would affect the integration of the two motors.
Slot car racers did a lot of hopping up electric motors. You could get a second battery pack to "run" your hopped up" motor.
The fly in this ointment is that the Honda electric motor is probably a pretty high powered already (relative to weight and size).
I would consider the N2O, but I just don't know how it will integrate with the ECU etc.
You might try simpler hotrod stuff like lighter wheels, and small diameter wheel/tire combos. I have seen relative cheap($600 set) wheels in the 10 lbs a piece range. Luck,Charlie

Old 05-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Back in the 70's a freind of mine put a Chev 350CID V8 into a '71 Toyota pickup truck. That one was a big modification and went pretty fast.

Not much for fuel economy though.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

so i have gotten-put a ferrari engine in, n2o, big v8, and a few other jabs.

was looking for some basic mods to possibly give it a little pep as a dd. already go to the dragstrip with my other vehicle. i am not looking to race with this snail.

maybe it was another site that i ve been to that members were more constructive.

i ll look around.

Quick Reply: newbie here, any performance mods...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands