Oil Change - Frequency?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oil Change - Frequency?

Originally Posted by Tazman
From what the dealership says and the mechanics, is that synthetic is a waste of money on a new car. It is ok for higher mileage and older cars. So stay with what they recommend Mobil 0W20 if that is what you are using.
interesting... both of the local toyota dealers i've gone to stock one or two brands of synthetic and didn't bat an eye when i asked for synthetic.

and the car doesn't seem to mind at all...

Old 02-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Proud owner HCHII

Ask the Mobil web site www.mobil.com what you should use for the HCHII. I did, and I have used synthetic oil from them for the last ten plus years. My Honda dealer uses synthetic too.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

The Mobil site guarantees regular oil for 5000 mile frequency and Mobile Clean semisynthetic for 7500 mile frequency but would like you to consider Mobil 1 synthetic for extra protection.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaykay
The Mobil site guarantees regular oil for 5000 mile frequency and Mobile Clean semisynthetic for 7500 mile frequency but would like you to consider Mobil 1 synthetic for extra protection.
Honda guarantees their oil for 10,000 miles

~Droid

Old 02-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I'm at the 70% and just passed 3k miles.... sounds like 10k is a term...

Old 02-18-2006, 09:54 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Hi Jaykay,

Another thought about oil is this site: Bobistheoilguy

The main posters on that site are VERY enthusiastic about oil, they are to oil as to what some of us are to hybrids. You could lurk there or even go as far as posting. They are always doing independant oil studies as well as filter studies. A really cool site IMO.

To answer, I use Full synthetic Mobil 1. Another brand oil I like is Amsoil, haven't used it in a few years. (not since I had my..............shhhhh be very quiet and don't tell anyone....F-350 extended cab dually DIESEL - non bio)

Hey Terry - just haven't had much to say and I've been real busy so I have in a sense been saving up comments. I'll be going under again soon though and probably won't post for quite a considerable time. We'll see.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Proud owner HCHII

What are Honda most famous for? ........................................ Engines?

When you see the complexity and engineering beauty of the valve-gear and camshaft in the cutaway working video of the ICE on the HCHII you say to yourself, only the best is good enough for such excellence!

Old 02-19-2006, 02:49 AM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Oil Change - Frequency?

Originally Posted by Tulip
What are Honda most famous for? ........................................ Engines?

When you see the complexity and engineering beauty of the valve-gear and camshaft in the cutaway working video of the ICE on the HCHII you say to yourself, only the best is good enough for such excellence!
Tulip;
One word comes to my mind with your above statement: AMEN

Terry

Old 02-19-2006, 04:06 AM
Proud owner HCHII

Tiger, Well it is Sunday!

Old 02-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi Mike;

Have not seen your Post in awhile here on GreenHybrid. Anyway just wanted to take a minute and say (Hello).

Say, did I ever tell you that I really like your Lic. Plate? I-Do:

Regards;

Terry
Thanks Terry, I like yours too. I've been busy with my new toy...I traded in our 2000 CRV for an 03 Element. What a fun car that is, great for camping.

Take care,
Mike

Quick Reply: Oil Change - Frequency?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands