Third Complete Tank ... 48.6mpg avg. best so far!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Third Complete Tank ... 48.6mpg avg. best so far!

Just wanted to report my results now that i've gone thru 3 full tanks....My first full tank from the dealer which he topped off for me when i picked it up got 46.5mpg and 478 miles until the low fuel light went on which according to the manual leaves 1.71 Gallons in the tank (love the .1!). My second full tank which i pumped myself only to the 'first click' i got 48mpg and the low fuel light when on at 499 miles. My third tank i got 48.6mpg with the low fuel light coming on at 502 miles. The last tank was all commute and city driving with the worst traffic so far compared to the previous which had a 200 mile highway trip. So needless to say i am very satisfied with the mpg i am getting and look forward to this improving until i assume it hits a wall somewhere (only 1500 miles so far). By the way i am driving with the Tires at exactly the reccomended PSI. I drove with the first tank with them overinflated at the dealer to roughly 50 PSI and as seen from my results had the worst fuel economy - i don't think it hurt, but dropping them roughly 15PSI doesnt seem to have hurt either. I am not using any special driving technique except for coasting a little into red lights and accelerating a little lighter than usual. I go 5-10 mph above highway speedlimits and always keep up in traffic. I hope others are having similar results!

Old 03-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Third Complete Tank ... 48.6mpg avg. best so far!

Great job!
You are already knocking at EPA.
Imagine what you will be getting after a few more tanks!

These cars are so fun to drive.
It's like a video game - you are always trying to beat your old score!