What are chances of getting a CA HOV sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default What are chances of getting a CA HOV sticker?

If someone orders an 06 HCH today in Southern California when will the car arrive? Two weeks? Two months? Four months?

How long after you get the VIN and order it will it take for the sticker arrive?

What are the odds of getting it in time?
Is it too late to get a new 06 and be guaranteed a sticker now?

What sticker number are people recieving today?

I'm asking because I'm selling my 04 with sticker and suspect the Kelly Blue Book price for my 04 will go up when the stickers are gone.

Last edited by kenny; 04-10-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What are chances of getting a CA HOV sticker?

>>>>> If someone orders an 06 HCH today in Southern California when will the car arrive? Two weeks? Two months? Four months?
D: Any of the above. It depends on the dealer, if Honda is building any at this moment, what color to yo want, nav/no nav, etc. etc. etc.

>>>>> How long after you get the VIN and order it will it take for the sticker arrive?
You have stickers on your '04, you should know the answer already? However long it takes to get the car + however long it takes to get the plates + however long it takes for you to apply + however long it takes for the DMV to process the app + however long it takes the stickers to get to you.

>>>>>What are the odds of getting it in time?
11.485637 to 2.249871. Who knows? All you can do is apply and cross your fingers.

>>>>>>Is it too late to get a new 06 and be guaranteed a sticker now?
It was too late to be "guaranteed" a sticker the day they were made available. Cal Trans reserves the right to suspend the program at any time, and to void the validity of any stickers already issued. There are not guarantees here, there never were.

>>>>>> What sticker number are people recieving today?
Mid 50 thousands was last I heard.

Of 5 questions you asked, only one of them can be answered: What numbers are the stickers being received recently. All your other questions are PURE guess work, and you know what they say: YOUR guess is as good as mine.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I second Molex's post.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast

bump

-Looking for an update on the most recent stickers received in CA... How many stickers will they be giving out total?

-Also, an aside, I'm looking everywhere in LA and OC to purchase a '06 HCH w/ Navi and getting quotes in the $28-29k range.. Any particular dealers I should check out for prices closer to sticker?

Old 05-19-2006, 07:17 AM

I got mine for $1000 under MSRP January 2, 2006 from Perry Motors in Bishop, CA.
Ask for Keith McCue.
No extras.
Very honest dealer.
www.perrymotorsinc.com

Yes it was a long drive since I live near Los Angeles, but I saved thousands.

Once you decide on a car, get the VIN and apply for sticker that day.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by kenny
Once you decide on a car, get the VIN and apply for sticker that day.
That didn't work for me! I applied with VIN... and with temp registration number (I actually bought the vehicle before it arrived at the dealer so I could get the registration # and apply for the HOV sticker). Unfortunately, the dealer didn't submit the paperwork in a timely fashion, so DMV didn't have registration keyed to the VIN. They rejected it, and sent my application and check back to me.

I applied a second time when I found this out. A few days later, my vehicle arrived and the dealer actually coughed up my permanent license plates... so I applied AGAIN (third time!), just to be sure!

The DMV cashed BOTH checks ($8 ea.), and I did receive ONE set of stickers! I guess I could go back against the state to get my third $8 application refunded, but it's not worth the hassle.

By the way, I belive they're almost up to 60,000 on the stickers now (out of 75,000)

Old 05-19-2006, 11:05 AM

That's why I called the dealer and very nicely got to know the person who does their DMV work.
I called her every day and chatted nicely till she sent my paperwork in.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks so much for the replies guys! I still have time to get my sticker! I wish I can get up to Bishop, but the savings doesnt quite justify the trip. ugh.. what am I saying... $2500 to go to Bishop...

what to do.. <sigh>

Old 05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ayers
Thanks so much for the replies guys! I still have time to get my sticker! I wish I can get up to Bishop, but the savings doesnt quite justify the trip. ugh.. what am I saying... $2500 to go to Bishop...
I just called the guy in Bishop on the recommenation from Kenny?? and the price aint so. For the '06 Civic Hybrid w/NAVI, the out-the-door price is currently $26,778 or roughly there about. That doesn't include optoins (floor mats, nose cover, auto dimming mirror, wheel locks, splash guards, etc. which the sales person told me Honda doesn't offer, I'd have to purchase them after-market -- he was pretty convinced of that despite that the Honda website lists these items and every other Honda dealer offers them -- could just be his dealer doesn't offer them).

Personally, I won't be saving anything by going there and driving back. Kenny purchased in January he said, which is probly back when the prices of these things were negotiable. Now, they offer you a price and, what I'm finding, its not possible to negotiate lower because 10 people in line after you will gladly pay $6k more if need be, but they will increase the price on you without notice.

I'm in the works with one place that I communicated with after having posted my previous thread about not purchasing a Honda and it looks promsing and it is near my home (give or take 80 miles). We'll see.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawnb; 05-21-2006 at 12:06 PM.