Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Electric cars ARE the future

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Site Founder
Default Electric cars ARE the future

The search for alternative ways to fuel vehicles really is in full swing now but it appears that Australia is slow in getting in on the act even though $500 million has been set aside for this in the 2008 budget. Even more surprising is that there has been a sustained effort in Australia by at least one company to promote electric transport for the last 39 years. Several prototypes have been produced, tested and found to provide satisfactory service even with existing conventional lead batteries. However, complacency and counteraction by vested interests blocked mass production.
http://www.sciencealert.com.au/opini...407-17654.html

Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Electric cars ARE the future

Yes and we are still removing rail-ways, I can't believe what I'm seeing. Just sth. of us in WA. [Danville area] they are removing the rails from the bed. Go figure! H

Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Enthusiast

I agree electric cars are the future.

I think hybrid cars are just a transition towards fully electric vehicles with no need for gasoline. At least lets hope so.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom03
I agree electric cars are the future.

I think hybrid cars are just a transition towards fully electric vehicles with no need for gasoline. At least lets hope so.
But a massive need for dirty new coal fired electric plants (or nuclear--sorry to say wind turbines can only help, not replace)! Lets all remember there are trade offs....going electric MOVES the emissions, doesn't eliminate them. A large power plant is probably more efficient than millions of ICE engines, so it will HELP...but....

Some will say, "yeah but they recharge at night when there is supposedly less demand. I'm not sure about that with all the lighting but even assuming its true. If no one WAS using power during the night the plants can "spin down" and produce less electricity and use less fuel. Start recharging eveyones automobiles and you will increase the amount of fuel being used at those plants.

The problem is once we create electric cars the average individual is going to think, COOL!!!! I'm not hurting anyone anymore.... I don't have to conserve!!!!! No emissions!!!

We really need to find a way to make do with less....

Old 08-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Hybrid Owner

And here I thought that children were our future.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Natural resources like the sun and the wind can produce electrical energy, not oil.

"Shift your thinking and stop resisting change America".

Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Enthusiast

Good question!
I think, in future electric cars get more demand but we can't ignore regular cars. Because some disadvantage have in electric cars but in future technology goes to higher and solve this disadvantage.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Electric vehicles sales will be very limited to extreme eco types and as a 3rd vehicle in a family fleet for the next 15-20 years.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Enthusiast

It is obvious that in next few years electric car will have great demand and according to me government should provide some good facilities such as charging stations ,reduction in price of battery etc .so that people will by electric cars ..

Old 04-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Enthusiast

I think the future with be the PHEV cars, plug them in at night, get about 50 miles on the charge which will get most people to and from work without using the ICE and then on weekends and family trips once they go beyond the first 50 "free miles" they still have a nice efficient Hybrid vehicle. To me this sounds like the best of all worlds. The aftermarket is already gearing up for retrofit Plug ins, hope to be able to do that to my new FEH once the technology gets cheaper.

Quick Reply: Electric cars ARE the future

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands