Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Online Consumers Seek Fuel-Efficiency Data

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Site Founder
Default Online Consumers Seek Fuel-Efficiency Data

The number of searches for terms related to fuel efficiency had more than doubled, as gasoline prices rise across the nation, a web research firm said Tuesday.

In March, consumers conducted more than 1.5 million searches for terms such as gas prices, hybrid cars, Toyota Prius and gas mileage, an increase of 112 percent over February, ComScore Networks said. The hybrid Prius runs on electric batteries and gasoline,

"We've consistently found that online search activity describes the dynamics of consumer demand, especially for high consideration products such as automobiles," James Lamberti, vice president of ComScore Networks, said in a statement.
http://www.internetweek.com/news/163700747

Last edited by Jason; 05-26-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Banned
Default Re: Online Consumers Seek Fuel-Efficiency Data

On the guy quoted below:
  • Love to find out what he really drove in Jan 2004
  • What he drives now
  • If his grammer and bad language improved
  • I don't think he has to worry about brain damage in a collision
Originally Posted by An Anti-Hummer Site - Rick January 25, 2004
....the H2's are for people without the money or sense to buy an H1. However who really gives a *********** about how much gas they go through, and what the results of getting in an accident with one would be. Big cars are the craze and get on board or get out of the way. I drive a American truck and there is no way in **** im going to go downgrade to some economy vehicle. Id rather be the one that survives the impact with the small car then the poor schmuck treehugger that i run over. Id rather pay the money for the gas then have to worry about some ******* in a rice rocket blowing through a light and hitting me in the side.. Its much more comforting and far cheaper then anything like a mercedes or beamer...

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 05-24-2005 at 05:27 PM.